Recipes with Antioxidant Foods
Do you know the health benefits of antioxidants? Here, we'll show you four simple recipes to add to your diet.
Antioxidants are great news, since they nourish, revitalize, and strengthen the body. Stay tuned to learn how to prepare recipes rich in antioxidant foods that’ll keep you healthy and radiant!
Everything we introduce into our bodies is reflected in the way we look and in the way we perform daily activities. This way, antioxidants play an important role in keeping the body healthy, inside and out.
Also, consuming antioxidants helps prevent cancer, decreases aging and strengthens the immune system. Therefore, if you want to enjoy its benefits, you can start with the following recipes:
Four recipes with antioxidant foods
1. A three in one juice
The so-called “three in one” is a juice mix that originates in Venezuela. It’s a mixture of orange, carrot, and beet; it usually accompanies breakfast since it provides the body with energy for the whole day.
The three ingredients that make up the juice are antioxidant foods, especially the beets and oranges. You can accompany this juice with the first meal of the day, or take it as a snack.
- 1 large beet.
- 2 medium carrots.
- 2 large oranges.
- Sugar or honey (optional).
- Grate the beet in a container, and then the two carrots in a separate container.
- Extract the juice of the two oranges and pour it into a blender.
- Start liquefying and add the grated carrot.
- Once you have a homogeneous mixture, add the grated beet and liquefy until it’s fully integrated. Then add the ice.
- You can add honey or sugar if you want to give it a sweeter touch.
- Once liquefied, you can pass it through a juice strainer. However, it’s better to drink it without straining it to take full advantage of the nutrients.
2. Green salad: antioxidant foods
The green salad is a light dish to stay fit. In addition, it’s very simple to prepare, you can eat it at lunch or dinner.
Avocado, spinach, onion, and lemon are foods with high antioxidant content. They also have properties that eliminate bad toxins and improve digestion.
- 2 chicken breasts.
- Half a lettuce.
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion.
- Salt and pepper.
- Cut the onion into strips and grill them with the chicken; add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Separately, wash the lettuce and spinach with water and a little vinegar.
- Cut the lettuce into strips and place it in a container with spinach.
- Once the chicken is ready, cut it into small pieces and add it to the lettuce and spinach.
- Squeeze the lemon juice, and cut the avocado into cubes; integrate them into the rest of the ingredients and enjoy a salad full of antioxidants.
3. Antioxidant foods: blueberry smoothie with avocado
Avocado and blueberries are two excellent sources of antioxidants combined in a shake that you can eat for breakfast or as a dessert, after lunch.
This shake is a good option to acquire the benefits of antioxidants. The best thing about it is that the rest of the ingredients, such as almonds, orange, and bananas, are equally rich in antioxidants.
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries.
- Half an avocado.
- Half a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- 2 bananas.
- Half a cup of almonds.
- 2 cups of water.
- Sugar (optional).
- Cut the avocado and bananas into large pieces and put them in the blender along with the water.
- Then add the blueberries, orange juice, and almonds. If you want, you can add a touch of sugar to reduce the acidity of the orange and blueberries, and enhance the sweetness of bananas.
- Serve in a jar with a few crushed almonds on top.
4. Sauteed mushrooms with watercress
Mushrooms and watercress aren’t very common as compatible ingredients. However, they’re really healthy and full of antioxidants. Through this recipe, you can learn a new way to eat them!
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- 1 small piece of ginger.
- 1 cup of roasted sesame seeds.
- 2 crushed garlic cloves.
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Watercress cuttings (1 cup).
- Grate some ginger and put it in a pan with sesame oil, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Cook for about 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add watercress and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Serve on a plate with sesame seeds.
- You can accompany this recipe with white rice or baked chicken.
Antioxidant foods are necessary to maintain our well-being and thus prevent diseases or health problems. Now, take these recipes to your kitchen!