6 Easy Tips to Get Into Running Successfully
Running is one of the best ways to stay in shape and clear your mind for a while. If you want to include running in your routine, take notes of these tips to motivate you.
Over the last few years, the number of people that care more about their looks and physical condition has increased. Running has become one of the favorite activities to practice and improve, maybe because of the low investment needed in comparison to other sports. That’s why we want to show you some tips to get into running successfully.
Why should you consider running?
This activity is related to raising awareness about the need to improve our health in a preventative way. Many people associate it with reducing stress. And, because it doesn’t require a big investment, it’s an affordable option for almost everyone.
You can basically run in any place you can think of: sports fields, the beach or the street.
It’s true: before you start, we recommend that you visit a doctor for a general check-up since your body will be making an extra effort. An electrocardiogram and other simple examinations should be enough for your doctor to approve a progressive start in running.
Tips to get into running
To perform this discipline correctly, you must keep in mind the following recommendations:
This method will allow you to test yourself and begin to assimilate and adapt to the right endurance level. Therefore, you must know your physical capability in miles, speed and rhythm variations.
Rest between practices
It’s an important part of the training, and you can alternate it progressively with other disciplines that you like, such as swimming or biking.
Control the distance
You must respect the limits of your body, and it’ll certainly warn you about them. Don’t prolong or extend the training periods excessively. Experts suggest that a 10 percent increase each week is the most recommended.
Change the pace
This will help you to improve your physical endurance. Speed up for a few meters and then slow down again. Repeat this in intervals and remember that the pace must be comfortable for you.
Don’t forget to warm up before your training. And when you finish your session perform some more stretches.
Work your muscles
This point is important so there’s a balance in your body. You may be able to alternate some running sessions with weight lifting.
Compared to other sports and activities, running requires a minimum investment. But don’t spare any expenses or effort in choosing the right shoes, it’ll be worth it.
The goal is that you’re comfortable when you’re running. Your shoes can’t be too loose or too tight and they must have good flexibility to adapt to your feet when they move.
When it comes to clothing, experts recommend clothes that are a little loose to avoid friction and prevent skin burns. Although, sports brands are at the forefront of some disciplines, so you can definitely find something comfortable, appropriate and fashionable.
This plan is just a suggestion or a model. If you already have one that’s giving you good results, don’t change it.
- The first day: walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 2 and repeat this 4 times in a period of 20 minutes total.
- On the second day: walk for 3 minutes, jog for 2 minutes and repeat 4 times in a period of 20 minutes total.
- Third day: again, walk for 3 minutes and jog for 2. But this time, repeat it 5 times to get a period of 25 minutes in total.
- The first day: walk for 2 minutes, jog for 2 and repeat 6 times to complete 24 minutes.
- On the second day: again, walk for two minutes, jog for 2 and repeat 6 times to do 24 minutes.
- For the third day: walk for 2 minutes, jog for 3. Do this 5 times to get to 25 minutes.
- The first day: walk for 1 minute, jog for 3 and repeat this 6 times to get to a total of 24 minutes.
- On the second day: walk for 1 minute, jog for 3 and repeat this 6 times for a total of 24 minutes.
- Third day: again, walk for 1 minute, but this time jog for 4 and repeat 5 times to do 25 minutes total.
Week four: change and lower the pace
- The first day: walk for 1 minute, jog for 4 and repeat 5 times to get to 25 minutes total.
- On the second day: again, walk for 1 minute, jog for 4 and repeat 5 times to do 25 minutes total.
- For the third day: jog for 10 minutes, walk for 2 and repeat this 2 times to do 22 minutes total.
In a nutshell, running must be a pleasant sport, because you’re doing it because you enjoy it, not because you’re forced to. It also generates satisfaction and gives you many benefits. So, if you set a goal to start running and you actually do it, it’s not only going to be a delight, but also an achievement.