Get a Defined Abdomen in 4 Weeks
Most people are under the impression that a muscular and well-defined abdomen takes too long to achieve. Nothing is further from the truth! Here's an abdominal program that takes only four weeks to complete.
Would you like your abdomen to be well-defined and muscular in just four weeks? Yes, it’s possible! You’ll need to focus and be committed, however, it’s far from an impossible goal to achieve. In this article, we’ll share the best abdominal programs available.
The first program for a defined abdomen in four weeks
If you want to reach the summer with abs that are the envy of all your friends, follow this program closely. The result will be nothing more and nothing less than a well-defined abdomen.
What will you need? A good attitude, effort, discipline, and tenacity. Of course, you’ll also have to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. This program is designed for people who already have a certain level of training, however, it’s not suitable for people who are currently leading a sedentary lifestyle or those who never go to the gym.
- Day 1: 60 sit-ups
- Day 2: rest
- Day 3: 75 sit-ups
- Day 4: rest
- Day 5: 90 sit-ups
- Day 6: rest
- Day 7: rest
- Day 8: 105 sit-ups
- Day 9: rest
- Day 10: 120 sit-ups
- Day 11: rest
- Day 12: 135 sit-ups
- Day 13: rest
- Day 14: rest
- Day 15: 150 sit-ups
- Day 16: rest
- Day 17: 170 sit-ups
- Day 18: rest
- Day 19: 185 sit-ups
- Day 20: rest
- Day 21: rest
- Day 22: 200 sit-ups
- Day 23: rest
- Day 24: 215 sit-ups
- Day 25: rest
- Day 26: 230 sit-ups
- Day 27: rest
- Day 28: rest
- Day 29: 240 sit-ups
- Day 30: 250 sit-ups
The idea is to not only to increase the number of sit-ups you do but also the speed with which you do them. Try to complete your sit-ups faster without compromising technique. Try to avoid taking too many breaks after you’ve started the exercise.
The second program for a well-defined abdomen in 4 weeks
In this case, only four exercises are performed. During each week the repetitions should be increased.
To perform the famous plank, you have to lie resting on your forearms and toes. Keep your body parallel to the floor for as long as you can.
The side plank
Start the exercise in the same way as the traditional plank. Next, raise your right arm and turn your body. The idea is to keep your body diagonal to the ground.
Reverse plank: a new exercise to obtain a well-defined abdomen
Lie on your back, supported by your palms and heels. Keep your knees extended in order to have your body perpendicular to the ground. Contract your abdomen in order to maintain balance.
For this last exercise, lie on your back. Then, lift your back and contract your abdominal muscles. Next, raise your arms and legs, try to keep them in the air for as long as possible.
The calendar for the four-week program is as follows:
- Week 1: 20 seconds of the plank, 20 seconds of the right side plank, 20 seconds of the left side plank, 3 repetitions of the reverse plank and 3 repetitions of the torso lift.
- Week 2: 30 seconds of the plank, 30 seconds of the right side plank, 30 seconds of the left side plank, 5 repetitions of the reverse plank and 5 repetitions of the torso lift.
- Week 3: 45 seconds of the plank, 45 seconds of the right side plank, 45 seconds of the left side plank, 7 repetitions of the reverse plank and 7 repetitions of the torso lift.
- Week 4: 1 minute of the plank, 1 minute of the right side plank, 1 minute of the left side plank, 10 repetitions of the reverse plank and 10 repetitions of the torso lift.
This final program contains 3 exercises: crunches, jumping jacks, and the plank. Training should be carried out on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Thursdays can be rest days. Finally, you can exercise on Friday and Saturday and recover on Sunday.
- Set 1: 15 crunches, 5 jumping jacks, 10-second plank.
- Set 2: 20 crunches, 8 jumping jacks, 12-second plank.
- Set 3: 25 crunches, 10 jumping jacks, 15-second plank.
- Set 1: 40 crunches, 20 jumping jacks, 30-second plank.
- Set 2: 45 crunches, 20 jumping jacks, 30-second plank.
- Set 3: 50 crunches, 30 jumping jacks, 38-second plank.
- Set 1: 65 crunches, 42 jumping jacks, 60-second plank.
- Set 2: 70 crunches, 42 jumping jacks, 60-second plank.
- Set 3: 75 crunches, 42 jumping jacks, 65-second plank.
- Set 1: 90 crunches, 52 jumping jacks, 80-second plank.
- Set 2: 95 crunches, 55 jumping jacks, 85-second plank.
- Set 3: 100 crunches, 58 jumping jacks, 90-second plank.
Before concluding, we need to remind you that a healthy and balanced diet is key to reducing body fat. It’s also important to get enough rest and to give up unhealthy habits such as alcohol and tobacco.
Which of the three programs mentioned above will you choose to get a defined abdomen in four weeks?