Mountain Climbers for Losing Weight and Toning Legs
Mountain climbers are an amazing exercise to get your heart pumping. In today’s post, learn more about mountain climbers and how they can help you to lose weight or tone your legs.
Today, the high demand for efficient workouts pushes people to find compound exercises that burn high off levels of energy as well; burpees are a great example. Mountain climbers are a perfect option that delivers in every possible way.
They provide a well-rounded workout without requiring too much space or equipment. As a calisthenics exercise or a bodyweight exercise, they really push the cardio-respiratory and metabolic systems. As a result, they can help you meet your weight loss goals.
Mountain climber objectives
Mountain climbers work out several areas of the body at the same time. This quality makes them a helpful asset in reaching workout goals. Here are three important goals that you can meet by doing this exercise:
- Toned legs: in addition to defining your muscles, this exercise works our your core and upper limbs as well. In short, it’s a well-rounded exercise.
- Perfect exercise for losing weight: just as we mentioned earlier, mountain climbers really get the heart going. In turn, they give the body’s metabolism a big push as well, which helps burn calories during and after the workout thanks to the consistent oxygen deficiency.
- Increases cardiovascular endurance: mountain climbers help build endurance in aerobic and anaerobic exercises as they push the body to work on low oxygen levels.
Before, we mentioned that mountain climbers are calisthenic exercises. This means that you only use your own weight to do the exercise, without any kind of complementary element. Thus, mountain climbers use your own weight to work out your body.
To get started and reach your exercise goals as planned, make sure you check out these tips to help you prevent injuries:
- Get into the plank position by pushing yourself off the floor. Your shoulders should be over and in front of your wrists.
- Make sure you use your core muscles. Your core and shoulders play an essential role in proper technique.
- Once you’re in the correct starting position, start the exercise. Start by bringing your knee up to where your hands are; make sure you maintain your posture throughout the entire exercise. Take the time to fully control your movements.
- Return to the starting position slowly and when you plant your leg on the floor again, repeat the movement with your other leg.
Aim for proper technique. Once you master the steps, speed up the process. Moving through the exercise faster will allow you to reach the ideal metabolic rates.
Mountain climbers for workout routines
These exercises are perfect for including in high-intensity interval training workouts or HIIT.
Take a look at the suggested exercise routines and choose the one that best suits your level:
- Beginner: 20-second sets with 60-80 seconds of rest in between each set. Aim for 3-4 sets.
- Intermediate: 30-second sets with 1-minute breaks and a total of 4-6 sets.
- Advanced: 1-minute sets with 30-second breaks and a total of 3-5 sets.
The exercise and rest ratio will ultimately depend on your physical condition. In addition, as you progress your workouts will gradually change.
Wrapping up, mountain climbers are a great tool for weight loss and toning legs. But, don’t forget that in order to reach your goals, you have to perfect your technique to really get going.It might interest you...