A New Healthy Breakfast Recipe: apple ring pancakes
If you’re bored of always eating the same breakfast and you’re looking for a new recipe to liven things up, we have a suggestion for you. It’s about a traditional apple pancake recipe variant. The result is a complete, satiating meal that will let you start your day full of energy.
Remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Many times during our busy lives, we skip this meal and we are not conscious of the impact we’re making.
These pancakes are filled with an apple slice. This makes it a healthier recipe. Besides, the pancake mix has a banana in it, making it a way of eating two different fruits in a fun and original way that children will also love!
Apples have multiple benefits, clearly demonstrated in the famous saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Next, we’ll explain to you the healthy properties of this fruit and you’ll discover the true meaning of the expression.
- They are rich in fiber. Thanks to this, apples help to regulate the intestinal transit and avoid constipation. It also helps the digestive process and keeps a healthy intestinal flora.
- Powerful antioxidant: prevents skin aging and keeps the neurons young. On top of this, it contributes to the functioning of our bodies and prevents us from feeling tired.
- Strengthens the bones: apples contain phlorizin, which is an element that makes apples contribute to keeping our bones strong and healthy. It also helps to prevent diseases such as osteoporosis, making its consumption highly recommended among senior citizens.
- Low calories: this property especially interesting for those trying to lose weight. You should know that this is a satisfying fruit containing less than 50 calories. It’s perfect as an in-between-meals snack.
These are only a few of the benefits of the apple, since it has many more. As you’ve been able to learn, it’s a very interesting fruit, nutritionally speaking. The following recipe that we present you is a more substantial way of eating this fruit, but nevertheless still healthy.
A new recipe for a healthy breakfast
Next, we will show you step by step how to make this delicious apple pancake. As you will be able to see for yourself, this pancake will be ready to eat in just a few minutes. The result is a tasty and satisfying breakfast that everyone in your family will love.
Here you have the ingredients and the steps to make this healthy and delicious pancake.
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 or 4 apples (depending on the size)
- Firstly, mix the flour and the liquids separately. In one bowl mix the flour, oats, sugar, and baking powder. And in another bowl, mix the mashed bananas, the egg and the milk.
- Then, proceed to add the liquid mixture into the powder mix until they are fully integrated.
- Peal the apples. Slice them after removing the core (this will ensure you have the “ring” shape). Depending on the size of each slice, you should have enough mix to make around 10 to 12 pancakes.
- Pre-heat a pan and add one teaspoon of olive oil. Once its hot, dip each of the apple slices into the pancake mixture and then cook them in the pan. Make sure that both sides of the ring are fully covered in pancake mix.
- Leave it for about one minute on each side or until they start to become golden-brown.
As we mentioned before, breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Start each morning full of energy and satisfy your hunger with these delicious apple ring pancakes. A full, healthy and beneficial breakfast for the whole family!It might interest you...