Coming up, we are going to teach you how to make chimichurri sauce and discuss which dishes you can combine it with.
Chimichurri sauce is usually spicy and is used to accompany grilled meats, to marinate fish or even dress salads. This sauce is known for its flavor-enhancing quality on meats.
Preparation of the chimichurri sauce
- Four garlic cloves
- A spoonful of cayenne chili
- Two tablespoons of oregano
- One teaspoon of thyme
- One teaspoon of cumin
- A spoonful of chopped parsley
- A spoonful of sweet paprika
- Half a glass of olive oil
- Half a glass of vinegar
Firstly, put some oil in a pan and then add the cumin, oregano, thyme and chili pepper (all the ingredients must be chopped beforehand).
Leave this mixture uncooked for a while to let it release its aromas.
Finally, once the previous ingredients have started to heat up, add the chopped parsley, the sweet paprika, the chopped garlic cloves, and the vinegar. Mix well and then pour the chimichurri sauce into a bowl, season it and store it for later.
Chicken with chimichurri sauce
- Chimichurri sauce (abundant amount)
- Olive oil
To start, chop the chicken into smaller pieces, or you can buy a pre-cut chicken.
Firstly, take a large skillet and cover the bottom of it in olive oil and then add the chicken. Afterward, we add a little salt and turn it around so that the chicken cooks on all sides.
Once the chicken is golden, drench it in a generous amount of chimichurri sauce, lower the heat and cover the pan. We want to leave the chicken equally golden all over.
When the chicken is tender, remove it and start preparing the potatoes. Peel the potatoes and cut them as you prefer: either in squares, strips or slices. Fry them and place them next to the chicken, and once it’s all together… dinner is ready to be served!
- To know whether the chicken is tender, use the tip of a knife to cut next to the bone and if the meat separates from the bone it will be tender.
- Simmer the chicken so that the chimichurri sauce does not evaporate and the chicken does not dry out.
- This recipe is designed to serve four people and takes approximately 30 minutes to cook.
A recipe for fish fillet with chimichurri sauce
- A quarter of a cup of white wine
- A teaspoon of red pepper
- Four fillets of white fish
- Half a cup of chopped salad tomatoes
- A spoonful of vegetable oil
- Half a cup of chimichurri sauce
- A teaspoon of sea salt with black pepper
- A quarter of a cup of lemon juice
- A teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1.4 ounces of butter
- One teaspoon of sea salt
- 1.5 ounces of ground breadcrumbs
- A cup of chopped nuts
To prepare this recipe, we will follow these steps:
We will start by salting the fish fillets and placing them in a container, where we will add the lemon juice before refrigerating it for half an hour.
Melt the butter in a pan and add the vegetable oil. Place the fillets in the pan, add the sea salt, along with the black pepper and cook the fillets until they are golden brown.
In the same pan add the salad tomatoes and cook them until they are dehydrated, then add the white wine, the ground black pepper, and the sea salt.
Add the chimichurri sauce, the ground breadcrumbs, and the ground black pepper before stirring and removing from the heat. Add a generous spoonful of sauce and cover with toasted nuts. Finally, bake for 10 minutes at 356 degrees Fahrenheit, and it is ready to serve.