How to Make Golden Milk
Have you heard of golden milk? This simple concoction has become a super-food, because of all its properties and benefits. Preparing it is very simple and it can be consumed at any time of the day. In addition, it’s a recipe that’s suitable for both vegans and vegetarians and you can vary it according to your taste.
Recipe for golden milk
Making golden milk is very simple. In just 15 minutes it’s ready to drink. While it’s true that a large number of ingredients are necessary, these are already likely to be in your store cupboard, so you won’t need to make a special purchase each time you make it. Keep reading and we’ll show you how to make it.
- 16 ounces of coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 cardamom pod
- 0.18 ounces of ginger
- 2 peppercorns
- 0.18 ounces of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan. Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, pepper, and ginger. To improve the taste of the coconut milk, grate or chop the ginger.
- When the coconut milk and other ingredients are hot, but haven’t yet reached the boiling point, add the turmeric. This is the star ingredient of the recipe, so do not forget to add it.
- Cook all the ingredients on low heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Strain the mixture and add a spoonful of honey. If you are vegan or vegetarian you cannot add this ingredient, but you can substitute it with maple syrup or agave nectar.
Other ways to prepare golden milk
The recipe that we have proposed is just one of the many ways in which golden milk can be prepared. If you don’t like the ingredients that we have suggested, you can make the following changes:
- The base of golden milk is always dairy-free milk. We suggested coconut milk, but you can also use soy or almond milk. Some variations contain water instead of dairy-free milk. In this case, the recipe will have fewer properties and benefits.
- You can add other flavors. Some lemon or grated orange will give an extra touch of flavor that you will love.
- Before drinking it, sprinkle on a little cinnamon. So you can also benefit from all of the properties of this ingredient.
Perhaps with these changes you might not be preparing a traditional golden milk, but it will still bring benefits to the body. Another important point to remember is to accompany it with healthy foods such as, for example, one of these healthy snacks.
Golden milk has become such a popular food, and it’s not by accident. This is because it contains many beneficial properties. Here are just some of them:
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases
- Prevents Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases
- Strengthens the immune system
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Purifies and promotes digestive processes
- Improves skin conditions
- Regulates metabolism and increases weight loss
Most of these benefits originate from one ingredient: turmeric. This food is considered a natural antibiotic. As you can see, there are many reasons why you should start including this in your diet.
As we have mentioned throughout this article, golden milk is a preparation with many benefits. Despite this, it’s not a miraculous food. There are many publications that exaggerate the benefits it has, to the extent that they suggest it cures serious diseases or is an alternative to drugs.
It’s important to be aware of the extent that this type of elaboration can be misinterpreted. Although it’s true that this is beneficial for the body, golden milk is not necessarily a miraculous recipe.It might interest you...