The Higher Carb Keto Diet: A Great Alternative

Discover a new, flexible and healthy way to follow the keto diet while still reaching your goals.
The Higher Carb Keto Diet: A Great Alternative

Last update: 29 July, 2019

The keto diet is specifically designed to lose weight, and it’s becoming more and more popular all around the world. In fact, it’s one of the most followed dietary programs.

If you still don’t know what this diet is all about, we’ll briefly go over its characteristics in the following article. We’ll also try to give the traditional program a different spin.

Our keto diet version has a higher carb limit, but it’s just as effective. Keep reading and discover all the secrets of this easier and more flexible version.

What is the keto diet?

The keto or ketogenic diet is named that way because it’s supposed to cause your body to go into a state of ketosis. By achieving this, you’ll burn your fat deposits and, therefore, lose weight.

In the keto diet, 70 percent of the food you eat must be rich in healthy fats. The other 30 percent must be proteins.

You must also drastically reduce your carb intake if you want the diet to be effective. It’s a very strict diet, but you’ll see results. Still, you must keep in mind that there are a lot of detractors who oppose these kinds of dietary programs.

Differences between the traditional keto diet and the higher carb keto diet

As the name implies, the keto diet version we’ll be talking about is an alternative to the traditional keto diet. This version allows you to eat a higher amount of carbs. Of course, this doesn’t mean you’ll be able to eat a lot of carbs. It wouldn’t be a keto diet if you did.

Keto friendly foods that you can include in your diet

The first thing to keep in mind is that the traditional keto diet must always precede the higher carb keto diet. It’s important to go into a state of ketosis first, and the only way to achieve that is with a very strict diet. Once you’re there, you can start incorporating other elements into your diet to make it more flexible.

You should consume carbs in small amounts and at specific times so that they’re effective and the diet continues to offer results. The best thing you can do is eat 20 grams of carbs before your work out session and the same amount once you’re done. Pay special attention to the kinds of carbs you eat. Make sure they’re healthy and don’t contain added sugars.

The conventional keto diet allows you to practice the sports you enjoy at the same pace and achieve your goals. You can also stay in that ketosis state, which will cause the diet to remain effective.

When is the keto diet effective?

As we’ve said before, you should only follow a weight loss plan for a short or medium period of time, no matter what kind of plan it is. The keto diet is not the exception to this rule. We recommend following this diet for no more than one month.

Either way, you must always follow this diet under the close supervision of a professional. They’ll provide you with guidance and help to achieve your desired goals.

In most cases, a consistent diet will get you the results you want. The critical moment comes when you’re already at your ideal weight and it’s time to progressively drop all the strict diets.

As time goes by, it’s common for people to return to their old routines, sedentary lives, and unhealthy diets. This obviously results in gaining all the weight back.

If you want to prevent this from happening, you can use the higher carb keto diet. This type of diet can serve as a transition between conventional healthy eating and strict diets.

A woman measuting her waist

This way, you’ll come out of the strict ketosis state, but your diet will be very similar to what it was while you were losing weight. Following this route can help to prevent the rebound effect.

The higher carb keto diet is also great for people with a very active lifestyle. Working out constantly while following the traditional version may not be an effective combination. On the other hand, by increasing your carb intake, it’ll be easier to achieve both goals.

Remember to eat your carbs before and after your workout session and to follow the traditional keto diet strictly for a few weeks before jumping on to the higher carb option.

Summary

The higher carb keto diet is an option you should keep in mind if you practice sports habitually or if you want to transition from a strict diet while avoiding the rebound effect. Increasing your carb intake slightly at specific times will allow this diet to still be healthy. You’ll also enjoy a more diverse and flexible menu.

It might interest you...
Key Aspects to Maintain your Weight
Fit People
Read it in Fit People
Key Aspects to Maintain your Weight

If you want to maintain your weight, it's necessary to take into account some essential aspects. Check out these tips and change your life!