Three Vegan Recipes For Kids
Every day, the number of families who decide to stop eating meat and start a vegan or vegetarian diet, grows. However, when kids are also following a vegetarian or vegan diet, it’s necessary to plan their meals carefully to ensure they’re getting all of the essential nutrients and vitamins that they need. Keep reading for some tasty vegan recipes that your kids will love!
The best vegan recipes for kids
Fried potato dumplings
Fried potato dumplings are one of the most delicious vegan recipes for kids. They’re super easy to prepare, quick to make and kids love their flavor. It’s a perfect recipe for a nutritional lunch that will give them energy for the rest of the day.
- Three big potatoes, grated
- One can of sweet corn
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups of flour
- Three cups of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Firstly, mix all of the ingredients together, except for the milk, which you must add gradually to the mix.
- Grab pieces of the dough and roll them into little balls. Fry them in hot oil for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, lay them on paper towels to absorb the excess oil, and serve.
- These dumplings are delicious with ketchup or tomato sauce.
Bean and rice salad
On many occasions it’s hard for parents to make their kids eat salad. However, with this delicious rice and bean salad, the little ones will love the taste.
With a great flavor and an attractive looking dish, it’s never been easier to convince your children to eat more salads! Plus, this is an extremely satisfying and nutritious dish.
- 1/4 cup of rice
- 2 tablespoons of peas
- 1/2 of a tomato
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 of an avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make this salad, start the day before you want to eat it. You’ll need to soak the black beans for at least 12 hours. After that, boil them so that they’re soft.
- The next step is to boil the rice. Once it’s ready, add the beans, the avocado and the tomato (diced into small cubes).
- Finally, add the lemon juice and the olive oil.
- Don’t forget to add salt and pepper to taste!
Of all the different vegan recipes for kids, soy meatballs are one of the best ways to introduce your child to a vegetarian or vegan diet. This recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also high in nutrients, vitamins and protein. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make.
- 14 ounces of textured vegetable protein
- 1 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
- One egg
- Two cloves of garlic
- One tablespoon of whole wheat flour
- Parsley, salt and pepper to taste
- Tomato sauce
- Firstly, soak the soy for an hour. It’s important that you use double the amount of water than the soy.
- Finely chop the parsley and garlic. Take the soy, drain it and mix it with the flour, egg, garlic and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to the mix, and knead until you get a soft dough. Make little meatballs and roll them over the bread crumbs.
- Finally, add a generous amount of oil to a pan and fry the meatballs until they’re slightly brown. Remove them and lay them on paper towels to remove the excess oil.
- Prepare a natural tomato sauce or buy it ready made. Then, heat the sauce and serve with these amazing meatballs.
These three vegan recipes for kids are proof that you can follow a well-balanced and healthy diet, and still enjoy tasty and flavorful meals.
It’s important that parents are always informed about recipes and foods, before introducing their children to a vegan or vegetarian diet. It’s vital to ensure that kids are receiving all of their nutritional needs. Vitamins and proteins are essential in order for them to remain healthy and strong.It might interest you...