Try a Refreshingly Light Mousse for Hot Days
Here are three recipes for a refreshing snack to enjoy on hot days. Which light mouse will you try?
A light mousse is a perfect dessert or snack for hot days when all you want is something refreshing. This is a healthy way to cool down and doesn’t involve adding too many extra calories to your diet.
Even better, a light mousse doesn’t require too much expertise or time spent in the kitchen. Want to learn how to make one? We have three recipes for you to try.
Light strawberry mousse
Here we have our first suggestion, a light strawberry mousse that you can easily make at home. It’s quite simple to make, and it also looks and tastes good. It’s perfect to impress your friends and family with on hot days.
- 1 pack of strawberry flavored gelatin
- 7 ounces of strawberries
- 8 fluid ounces of water
- 1 packet of stevia
- Natural yogurt
- To make this delicious strawberry flavored light mousse, start out by boiling half a cup of water. Add the gelatin and when it’s completely dissolved add another half a cup of water to it. Let it cool down for half an hour until it’s thick.
- While the gelatin cools, wash and chop the strawberries. Then add them to the yogurt and taste it to see if it needs sweetener if so add some stevia to taste.
- Put the strawberry and yogurt mix in the blender, and blend until smooth. Then, add the gelatin and blend again. Make sure you blend this for at least two minutes to have the right smooth texture mixed with enough air.
- Serve it in a cup and let it rest. Decorate with a mint leaf and small pieces of strawberry.
The pineapple is one of the most consumed fruits during the summer months because it’s light and refreshing. Thus, if you want a light mousse that’s also healthy and low in calories, pineapple is the ideal choice.
- 5 medium slices of pineapple
- 1 can of pineapple juice
- 7 ounces of quark
- 2 packet of gelatin
- 2 egg whites
- Cut four pineapple rings into cubes and keep one ring intact for decoration. Put the cut pineapple pieces and the quark together in a blender and blend until completely mixed.
- Then, boil the can of pineapple juice and add the gelatin. Mix well and let it cool.
- Beat the egg whites for two minutes, it’s important to beat them well because this gives the light mousse its texture.
- Mix all the ingredients, then let them cool and serve them in a cup decorated with the pineapple ring.
And of course, this is the most popular of all the mousses, the chocolate mousse! And, just like the two previous recipes, it’s so easy to make.
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet of stevia
- 19 fluid ounces of whipping cream
- 6 ounces of dark or milk chocolate
- Beat the eggs and mix together with the packet of stevia.
- Warm half the cream but don’t let it boil. Then add the beaten eggs and whip them together for a few minutes to let the mixture gather air bubbles.
- Next, warm the mixture again and add the chocolate. Make sure the chocolate is cut into small pieces so that it melts easily.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator and let it cool.
- Whip the rest of the cream. Once completed, mix with the cooled mixture and whip again at a medium speed.
- Serve and decorate.
These three recipes are easy to make and give us a delicious dessert. All three are healthy and light. Try one refreshingly light mousse for each day, we’re sure you’ll love it!