4 Tasty Tuna Recipes
Fresh or canned, tuna is a valuable ingredient to have in the kitchen. It is a product with a special flavor and consistency, which makes it a great option for when you want to incorporate fish into your diet. Having some tasty tuna recipes on hand will allow you to prepare a quick lunch, dinner, snack, or even a dish for a picnic. In this article, we will provide you with 4 tasty tuna recipes.
4 Tasty Tuna Recipes
The tuna cake is one of the most flexible and tasty tuna recipes. It can be eaten cold or hot and is ideal for snacks, tapas, appetizers, or as a luxury starter.
- Three cans of tuna (240g total)
- One large onion (50g)
- One red pepper (50g)
- Two ripe tomatoes (80g)
- Two tablespoons of sugar (20g)
- Three eggs
- Two sheets of pastry dough
- Chop the onion and red pepper with a knife.
- Sauté them in a pan with oil.
- Add the tomatoes (chopped into small pieces).
- Sprinkle the sugar and stir well.
- Add the tuna and mix all the ingredients together over the heat.
- Add two eggs, one at a time.
- Spice it with salt and pepper.
- Place into a pastry sheet in a cake mold.
- Pour the filling into the mold.
- Cover it with the other pastry sheet.
- Spread a beaten egg on the top and sprinkle the sugar on it.
- Put it into the oven at approximately 200 degrees Celcius, until golden brown.
Tuna bread is a cold dish that appeals to adults and children alike. It is a delicious dish that you do not even have to taste to appreciate.
- Two kilos of potatoes
- 50g of butter
- Three cans of tuna (240g)
- 250g of olives
- 300g of mayonnaise
- Prepare a purée with the cooked potatoes and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- With half of the purée, form a rectangular base, about 30cm long, 15cm wide, and 2cm tall. We suggest that you do this on a flat tray, with the help of a spatula.
- Mix the tuna and half of the mayonnaise.
- Cut the olives into rings. Spread half over the filling.
- Cover with the rest of the purée.
- Smooth the edges. A kind of bar or round bread will form.
- Bathe the bread with the rest of the mayonnaise mixture and decorate it with the rest of the olive rings.
Tuna stuffed eggs
Stuffed eggs can solve many dinners, quickly and easily. Tuna makes an interesting contrast to mayonnaise and egg yolk.
- Four eggs
- A can of tuna (80g)
- Two tablespoons of mayonnaise (30g)
- 50g of olives
- Boil the eggs for six minutes.
- Allow them to cool, peel them, and cut them in half (length ways).
- With a teaspoon, remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Break apart the yolks with a fork. Mix them in with the mayonaise and the chopped olives.
- Add the shredded tuna and mix well.
- Fill the empty egg whites with this mixture.
- Serve cold.
Tuna sauce for pasta
This sauce will go well with any type of pasta. Tuna is a versatile ingredient, allowing for all kinds of tasty tuna recipes.
(For two portions)
- One can of tuna (80g)
- One small onion (80g)
- One tablespoon of olive or sunflower oil (15ml)
- One heated tablespoon of wheat flour (15g)
- Half a cup of milk (100ml)
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Chop the onion and sauté it in a pan with a little oil. Poach it over a low heat until it is soft and translucent.
- Add well-drained tuna and mix. While mixing, crush it with a spoon so that the tuna crumbles into small pieces.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg (according to your taste).
- Sprinkle with flour and gradually add the milk, stirring continuously to integrate it.
- Keep on the heat for two or three minutes, stirring always. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more milk.