Top 5 BOSU Ball Exercises to Include in Your Routine
Have you started training or exercising and want to enhance your responsiveness, balance, increase your strength and endurance, as well as improve your physical appearance by achieving better posture? Using a BOSU ball is among the most popular fitness techniques. No wonder, given its effectiveness.
The development of the BOSU ball concept
Perhaps no one imagined that this half-sphere would become so popular in training. The truth is, the BOSU is here to stay. The concave part is usually made of latex, and it also has a flat, non-slip base. It has great resistance of nearly 310 pounds.
The key to this method and tool is to maintain your balance, by managing to contract the muscles and tense them to the point of exercising. And exercising on it turns out to be quite complete because it helps in the rehabilitation of injuries and the strengthening or exercising the cardiovascular system.
Five basic exercises with the BOSU ball
Now let’s talk about what you can do when using the BOSU ball:
- Classic situps. Lie down on your back on the BOSU and start doing abdominal flexions raising your trunk a little.
- The hundred. Sit on the BOSU ball, raise your bent legs, and try to keep your balance using your glutes and lower back. Here, you’ll work the mid-section of your body.
- Push-ups. You can perform typical push-ups while leaning on the half-sphere. Go up and down until you touch the ball and repeat the cycle.
- Front Lunge. Here, you’ll just have to stand firmly in front of the BOSU with your legs slightly open. You bring your hands over your shoulders to touch your head and stride forward, leaning on the BOSU. Then, try to go as low as you can by bending your knee. Finally, switch legs.
- The bridge. Lie on your back with the BOSU at your feet, resting your feet firmly on the sphere, bending your knees, and with your body on a mat, try to raise your hips. Hold the position and repeat the cycle. You can also raise one leg vertically as another alternative.
What does the BOSU achieve?
If you’re following a rehabilitation process, then there’s nothing better than this half sphere. The versatility and ergonomics of both surfaces make it ideal for your recovery. But in addition, this method aims at three basic training factors:
- Control. Your own posture is a determining factor for any activity, whether it has to do with sports or not. When you improve your body’s balance, the balance of your movements will improve significantly and your motor coordination will be much better. This will help you avoid incorrect postures.
- Cardiovascular. The fact that you can pay attention to this factor will help you lose weight if that’s your goal. And, at the same time, you’ll be able to exercise your muscles, achieving greater resistance.
- Balance. By controlling your position, you’ll achieve balance and control of your movements when exercising, making this a correct technique. Your body and muscles will receive integral and balanced training.
The BOSU, a complete tool
Sports medicine professionals are widely recommending the use of this platform. This is because you can involve all the muscles of your body. But, this half-sphere doesn’t only stand out for the sports results you can achieve. In that sense, we can summarize the benefits it provides as follows:
- You’ll enjoy working on it, due to the fact that you can perform choreographies and stretches.
- It’s suitable for all types of people, so you can use it with the rest of your family.
- In addition, the fact that it takes up very little space makes it ideal for you to have it in your home.
- And, its versatility makes it applicable to almost any sports training activity.
Pay attention to your body with this simple tool
The BOSU will help you train and tone your body, which will give you a better physical appearance. These exercises will motivate your whole body, thus achieving the secretion of hormones that are vital for well-being. The BOSU ball improves your concentration and relieves the stress of the daily grind.
So, if you’ve thought about perhaps adding a machine to your workout routine, try using the BOSU. You’ll surely be convinced it was the right decision!It might interest you...