Why Do I Have Trouble Sleeping?
Reconciling sleep is a task that can be very difficult for some people. In fact, every day, thousands of patients have consultations related to insomnia. The most common question is, “Why do I have trouble sleeping?”
Failing to get sufficient rest causes the new day to become an uphill battle. This also happens when your sleep is not restful. Lack of energy, concentration problems, low performance, and a bad mood, are basic characteristics for those who can not sleep.
The reasons why we have trouble sleeping
- Mood alterations. Those who suffer from depression or excessive levels of anxiety can have sleeping disorders. This is due to the mind failing to reach a state of relaxation.
- Absence of sleep habits. The body needs to have some routines associated with bedtime; if your schedule or your environment is always changing, it will be difficult to fall asleep. It is good to prepare the body to reach that moment of falling asleep.
- Watch television or movies in bed. Although it may be a pleasure for many, it has been proven that it affects our rest. According to the program that you look at, the brain stays in constant activity. The visual and auditory stimuli generate higher excitation in the body.
- Use a cell phone. Like the previous point, the use of a cell phone has a negative consequence for sleep. It works as a stimulant and does not allow the brain to go into a state of relaxation. In addition, the brightness of the screen in the dark, is harmful to the eyes.
- Problems and stress. It is a real issue that there are currently too many problems for people to face on a daily basis. Children, education, job security, and home economics are a matter of reflection.
- Thinking every minute of the solutions to each issue prevents you from closing your eyes and relaxing. Similarly, stressful situations cause painful and uncomfortable muscle contractions.
- Consumption of caffeine and sugars. Some products, in addition to coffee, contain an ingredient that keeps the person awake. Coffee, tea, soda and chocolate are the bedtime enemy.
Exercise, read, avoid alcohol
- Night exercises. It is true that doing sports activities can cause fatigue in a person. Fatigue is not directly related to sleep.
- People who say, “I can not sleep” are advised to do physical exercises in the morning. If they are done shortly before going to bed, the body is full of energy.
- Excess of alcohol. These type of drinks affect the body as a whole. It may be, that at the beginning the person manages to fall asleep. But there will be no proper rest and at the beginning of the new day, the consequences are worse than insomnia.
- Environmental imbalance. It is necessary that the environment is conducive to a good sleep. In order for the body to reach a state of complete relaxation, all the senses must be in balance.
- A comfortable bed and soft touch are essential. Darkness ensures that your eyesight does not find entertainment, so you close your eyes. Smell also counts, and if stimulated with bad odors or heavy environments, the desired effect is not achieved. The same thing happens with hearing, to truly rest, you need silence.
- Reflective and analytical readings. While reading can be a good habit to relax, you have to know what to read. Reading that prompts reflection or analysis will activate the brain.
- Body posture. Just as there are tips to accommodate the body in office activities, you have to choose the correct position when sleeping. Sometimes, due to external reasons such as, ailments, injuries, etc., you cannot find the most comfortable position. You have to choose a position and stay there until you fall asleep. Starting to toss and turn in bed generates nervousness.
What to do if I have trouble sleeping?
Those who suffer from sleep disorders should start by detecting the real cause. It can be one or several at a time. Next, you have to try to work on the solution. Even if it is necessary to visit a doctor or learn relaxation techniques.
Always remember that the moment of rest should be something pleasant, and as such, you have to prepare before going to bed.It might interest you...