Benefits of Peaches
The peach is one of the most popular fruits in any grocery store. Everyone loves it for its texture and sweet taste. In addition, it’s a fruit that has multiple benefits. Do you know what these benefits are? Keep reading and we’ll tell you and explain each and every one of them.
Curiosities of peaches
The peach is a fruit surrounded by many curiosities. Of all of them, we have selected three that you probably did not know about. As you are going to find out, it’s a fruit with a lot of history and surrounded by many beliefs.
- It’s a symbol of immortality. In ancient Chinese culture, the peach was considered a symbol of immortality. For this reason, it was common to plant these fruit trees in the entrances of the houses as a way of ensuring protection and health. It was thought that eating a large number of them throughout a lifetime could allow you to achieve immortality.
- It’s the main cause of allergies. Did you know that about 30 percent of the world population is allergic to one or more foods or substances? Allergies are considered to be pandemic of the 21st century. Well, of all foods, the one that causes the most allergies is the peach.
- There are more than 200 varieties. If we ask you to think of the peach, you probably think of a fruit that’s the size of a fist, orange and silky to the touch. Actually, a peach does not have to be that way since there are more than 200 different varieties in the world. In addition, within the family of peaches are other popular fruits such as nectarine, Saturn peach, freestone peach, and the clingstone peach. As you can see, the peach is much more than the fruit that we usually eat.
Benefits of peaches
From a nutritional point of view, the peach is a very beneficial food, recommended for all people and especially for children, athletes, and seniors. Below we explain all the benefits of this delicious fruit.
- Rich in fiber and water. Practically 90 percent of the composition of the peach is water, so it’s a perfect fruit to hydrate in the hot months. If you’re one of those people who have trouble drinking the recommended amount of water daily, you can reach it by consuming watery fruits such as peaches. In addition, this fruit contains fiber so it improves the digestive process and intestinal transit.
- Antioxidant properties. The peach belongs to the group of foods called natural antioxidants. These foods are characterized by slowing cell aging and maintaining a low level of free radicals.
- It contains potassium. Potassium is a fundamental mineral for the proper functioning of the body and especially for those who do sports. A peach after exercise contributes to a quick recovery and lower fatigue afterward.
- Contributes to the formation of collagen. One of the least known properties of peach is the effect it causes on the skin. Thanks to its collagen content, the peach is a perfect ally in the fight against aging. If you eat it regularly you’ll notice that your skin looks smoother.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. The regular consumption of peach reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and protects naturally against heart attacks or arrhythmias.
Different ways of eating peaches
Now that you know all the benefits of peach, you are surely wondering how you can eat it more often! The simplest way is to eat it naturally either by peeling it or eating it with skin. In addition to this, there are other ways that we’ll tell you about below.
- Fruit salad. Fruit salad is one of those desserts that never goes out of style. We love it because it can be prepared in advance, it has multiple benefits and everyone likes it. We recommend that to make fruit salad you choose ripe peaches because they will be softer and they will be more pleasant to the palate.
- Peaches in syrup. Not every month of the year can you enjoy fresh peaches. If you want to continue benefiting from all its properties you can eat canned peaches in syrup. You can eat it alone and also cut it into pieces and mix it with yogurt or accompany it with a bowl of ice cream. That is, always choose the option without sugar or with the least sugar possible.
- Marmalade. Marmalades are a breakfast staple. There are few better ways to start the day than with a slice of bread covered in jam. Why don’t you try it for yourself?
For all of its properties, the peach is a staple of food, no matter your age, whether you exercise or not or if you have a health problem. The peach is a food that is sure to interest you. In addition, with all the ways to consume it, it is impossible for you to get bored of it.It might interest you...