Healthy Fruit Desserts
As you'll learn shortly, these fruit desserts come together in just half an hour. They're so simple to make, that even your little ones can help you to prepare them. Check out our recipes and enjoy these three, healthy desserts.
Most people don’t think of fruit as an appetizing choice. One way to change this is by making them the star ingredients in healthy desserts. Below, we’ll show you how to make three healthy and delicious fruit desserts.
Fruit desserts: strawberry and kiwi crepes
Crepes are one of the most versatile desserts available because you can fill them with either sweet or savory ingredients. For our fruit desserts recipe today, we’re going to use bananas, kiwis, and strawberries for the filling.
Ingredients for two servings:
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 fluid ounces of milk
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 2 strawberries
- First, wash and chop the fruits and place them in a bowl, then sprinkle with a little sugar so that they release their juices.
- After, add the flour, sugar, egg, and milk to a food processor. Blend until you have a batter that’s consistent throughout.
- Heat up a fry-pan on the stove and when ready, add two tablespoons of the batter to the pan. When it’s cooked, flip it over to cook the other side. The first crepe is usually for prepping the fry-pan, not for eating.
- Repeat the same process until you have used all of the batter. Start stacking the crepes on top of each other, they won’t stick together.
- Fill the crepes with the chopped fruit and fold them in half.
- You can use chocolate, marmalade or condensed milk to drizzle on top of your crepes.
Fruit desserts: yogurt flan with fruits
This recipe is another favorite in our collection of healthy fruit desserts. It looks like a flan, but it’s actually a fruit jello. Take a look at the recipe and learn how to make this original, yet simple fruit dessert. If you’re a novice in the kitchen, we encourage you to give it a shot because it’s practically fool-proof.
Ingredients for six servings:
- 3 natural yogurts
- 8.5 fluid ounces of cream
- 6 gelatin sheets
- 4.3 ounces of raspberries
- In a food processor, add the yogurt, cream, and sweetener. You can also add a couple tablespoons of sugar. Blend all of the ingredients together on a medium speed.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in water for five minutes, before adding them to the food processor. Blend them into the mixture.
- Leaving six blackberries aside, chop the blackberries and add them to the mixture and stir.
- Pour the mixture into individual flan molds and leave them to chill in the fridge for three hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the flans from the molds and place a whole blackberry on the top of each one. Decorate with jam.
Fruit desserts: apple puff pastry
Apple puff pastry is a traditional recipe from our collection of fruit desserts. It’s popular because it’s an easy recipe to make and apples are very affordable fruits. Bring this original dessert back to your kitchen, and encourage your children to participate with baking too.
Ingredients for six servings:
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 3 apples
- 1 pint of milk
- 3.5 ounces of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1.7 ounces of cornstarch
- 1 whole egg
- Preheat the oven to 338 degrees F.
- Using a rolling pin, spread the puff pastry dough out and smooth it. Shape it as preferred. Once the dough is completely spread out, move it to a pie pan and shape the edges. Poke the surface with a fork.
- Bake the puff pastry for five minutes. Don’t cook it completely, as you’ll need to bake it again, later on in the recipe.
- While the puff pastry is baking in the oven, start making the cream. Heat up the milk and sugar in a saucepan. In a different bowl, mix the egg yolks with the cornstarch.
- When the milk comes to the boil, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled, add the egg yolk and cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and stir until the texture becomes creamy.
- Spread the cream on to the puff pastry. Use a ladle to keep the amount consistent throughout the entire pastry.
- Wash and peel the apples. Then, cut them into thin slices and arrange them on top of the cream. Keep layering them, for a beautiful dessert.
- Once all of the apple slices are arranged, beat an egg and use a brush to paint it on all of the apple slices. This step will give your apple dessert a shiny finish.