Healthy Pastry Recipes
Fitness is more than exercising. It can be said that it’s a way of life because it encompasses both exercise and nutrition. In general, people who are fit, exercise frequently and take care of their eating habits. This allows them certain whims, such as eating healthy pastries—both tasty and guilt-free.
- 5 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces of oatmeal
- 1 sachet of yeast
- Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 338 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the oatmeal and the yeast in a bowl. Stir the ingredients with a spoon.
- Add the eggs, egg whites, yeast and oatmeal mixture, and vanilla extract. Stir the ingredients together until they’re well-blended.
- Once the mixture is even, pour it into a croissant mold using a spoon. Don’t fill the mold to the brim, as the dough will rise.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let it cool afterward.
- Enjoy them as they are, or add fillings, such as fruits or sugar-free jam.
Oatmeal and banana pancakes
- Begin by putting all of the ingredients in a bowl, starting with the oats. Then, add the banana, which should be cut into thin slices or crushed with a fork.
- Put the 3 egg whites in the bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Lastly, add the yogurt and the half sachet of yeast.
- Let it rest for half an hour, so that the yeast can take effect.
- Heat up a frying pan and add a few drops of oil.
- Pour the pancake batter to your liking–whether you like thin or thick pancakes.
Once they’re cooked, you can garnish this healthy pastry recipe with slices of fruit or dark chocolate.
- 2 cups of natural low-fat yogurt
- 1.8 ounces of whole-grain oats
- 2 ounces of oatmeal flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg whites
- half a sachet of yeast
- Preferred sweetener
- Orange zest
- Beat the egg whites until they become soft peaks. Then, add the three beaten eggs and continue stirring.
- Add the yogurt and stir the mixture until it’s an even consistency.
- When all of the liquid ingredients are in the bowl, add the whole-grain oats and oatmeal flour. Finally, add the yeast and the sweetener. You can use liquid saccharine or Stevia.
- Add the orange zest. According to taste, you can add more or less of this ingredient. You can also include dried fruits.
- Place the dough in a mold and bake it at 338 degrees Fahrenheit, for 40 minutes. Use a silicone mold to avoid using oil or butter.
Ham and cheese empanada
- 1.7 ounces of quick oats
- 5 egg whites
- 7 tablespoons of skimmed milk
- Low-fat York ham
- Low-fat cheese
- Use a blender to mix all of the ingredients. You can also mix everything in a bowl, but the former will be easier for pouring into the pan later.
- Add the oats, egg whites, a pinch of salt, and oregano. You can change the oregano for another spice if you prefer. Mix all of the ingredients well.
- Heat up a frying pan and add a dash of oil. Once hot, pour a half portion of the mixture as if you were cooking a pancake.
- When the empanada is half cooked, place the ham and cheese on the center, avoiding the edges.
- Pour the remaining amount of dough on the top and cover the ham and cheese. Flip the empanada over, before removing it from the pan when it is cooked on both sides.