Three Quick and Healthy Breakfasts
Have a healthy breakfast every day with these great recipes.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Out of the five daily meals, it’s also the one that more people skip, due to a lack of time. So that this doesn’t happen to you, next we’ll propose three different options for quick and healthy breakfasts. As you will see, it’s possible to make a balanced, complete and healthy breakfast that’s ready in less than 10 minutes.
1. Cream cheese and tomato toast with real juice
This idea for quick and healthy breakfasts is the perfect example to show that you can have healthy breakfast without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. In just five minutes you’ll have a breakfast, that in addition to being delicious, will keep you full until lunchtime.
- 3 slices of bread
- 1 tomato
- Light cream cheese
- 2 oranges
- Cut three slices of bread. You can use the leftover bread from the previous day.
- Toast the bread in the toaster or in a pan.
- While this is toasting, wash the tomato and cut it into slices.
- Spread the slices with cream cheese and then place the tomato slices on top of the toast. You can accompany the toast with some chopped basil.
- Squeeze two oranges and make juice with them. Choose oranges that are ripe, so that it’s not necessary to add sugar.
With this breakfast, you’ll start the day full of energy. It also contains a superfood (tomato) and all the vitamins of the natural orange juice. These two foods won’t only satisfy you, but will naturally increase your defenses.
2. Oatmeal and cranberries
If there is a fashionable breakfast, it’s oatmeal. This is boiled oatmeal (with milk) to which you can add chopped fruits. This breakfast is very popular among athletes because of its high protein content. The truth is, that it’s beneficial for all types of people.
The following recipe is a quick version of the traditional one. The result has the same properties and the taste is very similar. With this recipe, there is no excuse for not having healthy breakfast in the mornings.
- 4 tablespoons of oat flakes
- 1 glass of milk
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, except the berries.
- Put the mixture in the microwave, on maximum power for two minutes.
- Add the chopped berries.
The difference with the traditional version is that it’s cooked over a low heat, allowing for the oats to absorb the milk gradually. You can swap the berries for any other type of fruit, or combine several different ones.
Another alternative to this recipe is to add a spoonful of honey to make a natural sweetener.
3. Yogurt with fruits and cereals
The third and final suggestion for a healthy and quick breakfast, is a recipe that combines dairy, fruits and seeds.
- 1 natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Half a banana
- 2 strawberries
- Wash and cut (into small pieces) the banana half and the two strawberries. We’ve chosen these fruits, but you can choose the ones you prefer.
- Set aside the chopped fruits, on a plate.
- In a glass cup, add two tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Then add the chopped banana half.
- Add another two tablespoons of yogurt and then the chia seeds.
- Add the last layer of yogurt and chopped strawberries.
Although yogurt is natural it’s not necessary to add sugar, because the fruits will act as a natural sweetener. In this simple way, you can make a quick, colorful breakfast that will taste delicious.
This recipe is also perfect to eat as a snack or dessert if you are away from home. The preparation would be the same, with the only difference being, that you would have to make it in an airtight jar.
These three ideas are healthy, satisfying, and take less than 10 minutes. As you can see, lack of time is no longer an excuse to not eat breakfast.