Egg White Mayonnaise
No ingredient is more versatile than the egg. Furthermore, it offers a significant amount of protein, even enough to replace red meats. The egg white is the healthiest part because it doesn’t contain any fat. Thus, a mayonnaise made with egg whites is ideal for a healthy and balanced diet.
Egg whites contain a high amount of water, in addition to nutrients and essential amino acids that the body needs. They help the muscles grow and remineralize bones, making them the perfect food for children and athletes.
On the same note, egg whites are rich in riboflavin, niacin, potassium, selenium and folic acid, among other vitamins and minerals. They also offer certain enzymes that create a shield, protecting the body from harmful microorganisms.
People have frequently blamed eggs for raising cholesterol levels. However, these days, nutritionists and other specialists say otherwise. According to various specialists, it’s the fats found in fried foods, sausages, cured and red meats that are responsible for making cholesterol levels skyrocket.
Other benefits of egg whites
- Good source of vitamin B, which is a hydrosoluble substance, meaning that the body can’t store it. Consequently, the body needs to replenish its levels every day through food.
- Egg whites help ward off illnesses and diseases such as type two diabetes.
- Egg whites keep us feeling full, which is healthier and more effective than eating other, higher-calorie foods.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy or those with kidney problems are encouraged to eat egg whites.
- Egg whites help to strengthen and regenerate bones.
- In earlier times, people used egg whites as a means to cure wounds by placing them directly on the affected area.
- They help control blood pressure.
What are the benefits of eating egg white mayonnaise?
Mayonnaise that’s made from egg whites is great as a breakfast condiment or to accompany a post-workout meal. It can provide us with high amounts of vitamins and proteins, especially group B and E vitamins. In addition, egg whites have antioxidant properties that help to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Another advantage of eating egg white mayonnaise is that it can slow down the aging process. It boosts the body’s collagen production, which is a key factor in preventing wrinkles.
How do you make egg white mayonnaise?
We highly recommend this recipe, not only because it works well as a condiment for starters, salads and main dishes, but it’s also a healthy alternative to traditional mayonnaise. On top of that, you can easily make it with simple ingredients that are suitable for any budget.
For meals, this mayonnaise is a versatile ingredient, as you can adapt it easily to suit any palate. It’s the perfect condiment for cold pasta, rice, grilled fish and any other dish that comes from the chef’s creativity.
- 3 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 3 cups of olive oil. Alternatively, you can use extra virgin sunflower seed oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl, excluding the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the oil in slowly, hand-blending at a low or medium speed.
- Continue blending the mayonnaise at a low speed. Increase the speed as the mixture starts to emulsify.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until there’s no more oil to add. The mayonnaise should now have a creamy texture.
- Taste the mayonnaise and, if needed, season with salt and pepper.