If you're looking for healthy smoothies that provide a good dose of energy to exercise, you'll like this article. Discover five delicious and varied options for your breakfasts or snacks.
It’s time for you to enjoy some delicious energy smoothies while training. The recipes that we’ll present here will help you improve your sports performance. Try them out and you’ll see the results!
Everything we eat is reflected in how we look and feel. If we don’t supply our body with the necessary vitamins and nutrients, we may feel weak and our performance may not be the best.
An excellent alternative to provide energy to the body is through smoothies. The ones we’ll share are healthy, delicious, and easy to prepare.
Healthy energy smoothies
1. Mango, strawberry, and chia seed smoothie
The strawberry, mango, and chia smoothie is fat-free and contains protein as well as fiber. Additionally, strawberries contain antioxidants, mango strengthens bones, and chia accelerates our metabolism. Don’t wait any longer to prepare it!
- 1 cup of strawberries.
- 1/4 cup of red grapes.
- 1/2 cup of frozen mango, diced.
- 1/4 cup of peach cut into pieces.
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
- 1/4 cup of grated carrot.
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
- 1/4 cup of green tea (optional).
- Place the Greek yogurt, carrot, and grapes in a blender and blend until everything is homogeneous. Then, add the rest of the ingredients.
- If the smoothie is too thick for your taste, then you can add green tea or a little water. It’ll be ready to serve once the lumps are removed.
2. Natural energy smoothies: made with orange and red fruits
This smoothie has really effective energizing properties, thanks to the orange and banana. For this reason, it’s the ideal breakfast companion. By consuming it early in the morning, you’ll have lots of vitality throughout the day.
- 2 cups of natural orange juice.
- 1 cup of your choice of yogurt.
- 2 cups of red fruits. You can add the ones you like best.
- 1 banana.
- 1 cup of ice cubes.
- Place all liquid ingredients in the blender and blend for ten seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let it blend for two minutes.
- Serve in a glass and enjoy!
3. Banana and blueberry energy smoothies
This smoothie is creamy and sweet. It contains magnesium, potassium, vitamin C, and nutrients that help keep our body active.
- 8 ounces of skim milk.
- 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries.
- 1/3 of low-fat cottage cheese.
- 1/4 cup of frozen blackberries.
- 1 frozen banana.
- 1/4 cup of red grapes.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (optional).
- Cut the banana into pieces and put it in the blender with the rest of the ingredients. Let it blend until everything has been crushed.
- If you want a more liquid consistency, you can add a little more milk. At the same time, if you want a sweeter taste, add vanilla.
4. Blackberry and kale energy smoothies
The blackberry and kale smoothie has several ingredients with amazing benefits. First of all, blackberries are a good source of antioxidants and polyphenols, not to mention vitamin A, B6, B12, C, calcium, and other nutrients that keep the body functioning.
On the other hand, it also contains oatmeal, which is an excellent source of B vitamins and magnesium. Both oatmeal and cashews are loaded with protein and fiber, which keep our energy levels and digestive system functioning optimally.
- 1 frozen banana.
- 1/4 cup of cashews.
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries.
- 1 cup of kale.
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal.
- 1 cup of apple juice.
- Pour all the ingredients, except the honey, in the blender and mix them until you get a smooth texture.
- If you want a sweeter taste, add honey and blend a little more. After that, it’ll be ready to serve.
5. Vanilla and pear smoothie
If you’re looking for a recipe that is full of nutrients and that provides you with the energy to start your day, this shake is a great option. It’s abundant in potassium, which is essential for proper muscle function. Low levels of potassium in the body can cause general feelings of fatigue and muscle weakness, so it’s important to get a healthy dose.
Luckily, avocados and pears are present in this recipe and are also rich in potassium, which will help keep you moving.
- 1 pear cut into cubes.
- 1/4 cup of mashed avocado.
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- 1 cup of almond milk and vanilla.
- A cup of ice.
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and let them integrate until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Serve in a glass and enjoy.
Smoothies are a complement for breakfast, snack, or simply to fill your body with energy before training. Take these recipes to your kitchen and enjoy all the benefits of energy smoothies!