The 4 Best Dessert Recipes to Stay Fit
The main objectives of a fit lifestyle are to be as healthy and in shape as possible. However, for some, this means they have to leave desserts and sweets behind, but this isn’t always necessary! In this article, we’ll share four of the best dessert recipes that you can enjoy, even when you’re trying to stay fit. These desserts are delicious and healthy.
Normally, the inconvenience of eating desserts is that they contain large amounts of sugar, artificial dyes, and fats. Consequently, these ingredients tend to be quite damaging to the body.
But, if you like to eat desserts constantly, and also take care of your health, then these dessert recipes are for you.
Dessert recipes to stay fit
1. Chocolate bananas
Bananas are one of the sweeter fruits and they have a high potassium content. And, dark chocolate, for its part, is a good source of antioxidants. And so, you can prepare this easy and quick dessert recipe to enjoy on a relaxing afternoon with friends.
- 2 bananas
- 3 ounces of milk chocolate
- 2 ounces of dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts (optional)
- 4 ice cream sticks (just the sticks)
- Start by melting both types of chocolate in a double boiler method, mixing occasionally to maintain a uniform texture.
- Then, peel the bananas and cut them into halves.
- Put each of the banana halves through the sticks.
- After, submerge each banana half in the melted chocolate. Then, place them on a tray and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
- Finally, put the tray in the freezer until the chocolate hardens (between 20 minutes and 2 hours). And voila!! You can now enjoy this delicious dessert.
2. Coconut macaron dessert recipe
This is a refined dessert recipe, it’s healthy and perfect for tea or coffee time. Furthermore, it contains many vitamins and it’s delicious.
- 4 egg whites (only the whites)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Firstly, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they’re frothy.
- Then, in a separate container mix the honey, grated coconut, vanilla extract, and coconut oil until compacted.
- Next, carefully combine and mix the egg whites.
- After that, let the mixture cool for thirty minutes in the refrigerator until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Put circular portions of the mixture in an oven tray on wax paper.
- Finally, bake for 10 minutes.
3. Cinnamon and banana smoothie
This next dessert recipe to stay fit and healthy is quite easy and refreshing, it’s a vegan smoothie, containing cinnamon, pineapple, and banana. And so, you can adjust its consistency to your preference, even freezing it and eating it like ice cream if you prefer.
- 3/4 plant-based milk (soy, almond, etc)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- Cinnamon to taste
- Ginger to taste
- Firstly, put all the ingredients in a blender until you have a uniform consistency.
- However, if you want it thicker, you can freeze the fruits before blending.
- Finally, serve and enjoy.
4. Apple, strawberry, yogurt dessert recipe
This amazing dessert will help your metabolism since it contains plenty of fiber. Additionally, you’ll love that this dessert recipe doesn’t require an oven and you can prepare it quickly. You can eat this after working out or even as a dessert after lunch.
- 2 apples (red or green)
- 0.35 ounces of fresh strawberries
- Plain yogurt
- Cut the apples and strawberries into medium-sized pieces.
- Once you have all the ingredients in separate containers, put some yogurt at the bottom of a cup or glass. Then layer–add the granola, followed by the fruit and nuts.
- Repeat this procedure a few times until you have various layers.
- Finally, you can add cinnamon to taste (optional).
Why choose healthy dessert recipes?
These “fit” desserts are a better option for your body than regular desserts. However, going a little further than just aesthetics, eating these desserts is also healthier and promotes a healthier lifestyle. In other words, these desserts are better for you than desserts that are full of sugar. Sugar encourages certain health risks such as diabetes and being overweight.
Likewise, most of the desserts that people normally eat at parties tend to be quite damaging to the body. In fact, they can seriously affect the body if you eat them regularly. Therefore, healthy options are now available and they’re more convenient in order to stay fit and healthy.
And so, now that you know all the benefits and have the dessert recipes to stay healthy, give them a try. We’re sure that you, your friends, and your family will love them.It might interest you...