Start Eating Strawberries to Boost Health
We all know that strawberries are deliciously refreshing, but there’s much more they can do for us than just taste good. You should eat strawberries to boost your health, and even help your training performance. This fruit has a high protein content and dietary fiber.
Strawberries to boost health
Among the most important influences of strawberries on the body is their ability to slow down digestion thanks to their high fiber content. In turn, this causes you to feel fuller for longer, thus reducing your calorie intake in a day.
One of the great things about strawberries to boost health is that they are high in fiber and low in calories. Approximately 48 calories per serving.
Additionally, they aren’t empty calories, they contain essential vitamins and minerals. They are also among the low glycemic foods that regulate energy consumption.
Ten benefits of including strawberries in your diet
Strawberries, along with blackberries and cherries, are great when preparing for intense or moderate physical training. Due to their high vitamin content (vitamins A, C, and E), they help maintain muscle mass and overall health.
We recommend eating at least three cups of strawberries a week, about 21 ounces.
- Consuming strawberries regularly helps with weight loss and overall weight control. Fiber helps balance the digestive system and achieve that ideal weight. Additionally, this is perfect as a midafternoon snack to keep you satisfied until dinner.
- Strawberries help reduce the risk of cancer. Some clinical studies suggest that consuming strawberries help avoid cancer due to their antioxidant and vitamin C content. What’s more, their fiber content also helps reduce the risk of contracting colon cancer.
- Eating strawberries to boost your health is a good idea, especially to reduce potential heart problems thanks to anthocyanins. These anthocyanins are chemical compounds that strengthen blood vessels and reduce blood pressure.
- These fruits also increase energy since they are simple carbohydrates. When mixed with a healthy source of fat, such as nuts, it’s an ideal fuel for the whole day.
The many health benefits of strawberries
- Help with eyesight due to their high vitamin C content. One serving of strawberries has 144 percent of the vitamin C daily dietary requirement. Thus, they help promote good blood circulation in the eye vessels which in turn reduces visual deterioration that comes with aging.
- Maintains healthy blood vessels thanks to the vitamin C content. This helps prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- They are a fundamental food to repair and regrow body tissues. Eating strawberries promote collagen production in the body which is necessary to maintain healthy ligaments, tendons, veins, and skin.
- Strawberries contain as much salicylic acid as aspirin and ibuprofen, but this occurs naturally. You could eat them as an anti-inflammatory component after intense physical work.
- They significantly reduce “bad” cholesterol.
- Berries in general, and especially strawberries, help to maintain a healthy brain. They can prevent memory deterioration that is associated with aging.
When we include strawberries in our diet, we are giving our body a large number of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals. Here are a few of the nutrients that this amazing fruit gives us per serving:
- C (97.6 mg)
- B6 (0.1 mg)
- K (3.7 mg)
- Folate (39.8 mg)
- Calcium (80 mg)
- Iron (0.7 mg)
- Magnesium (21.6 mg)
- Potassium (254 mg)
- Phosphorus (39.8 mg)
- Manganese (0.6 mg)
- Copper (0.1 mg)
- Selenium (0.7 mg)
- Fats (0.5 g)
- Protein (1.1 g)
- Carbohydrates (12.7 g)
- Fiber (4.5 g)
We must always maintain a balanced diet that includes the foods that boost our health. It’s especially important to also perform some type of sport.
Including strawberries to boost our health is not just a good idea, it’s vital. You can eat them with yogurt, with cereal, in a shake, or just whole as a snack with nuts. Strawberries are a key element to boost our health and help us to perform daily tasks.It might interest you...