Supplements That Help You Lose Weight
They complement your diet and taking them can bring lots of benefits. Here are the supplements that are healthy, nutritious and that help you lose weight. You’ll want to add them to your regular diet, alongside a rigorous and effective exercise plan.
How do supplements work?
Supplements that help you lose weight usually burn calories, metabolize or prevent the absorption of fat, drain excess water in your body and reduce appetite. They’re ideal to achieve your weight goal and to improve the physical condition of your body.
Supplements, diet and exercise
An essential requisite in order to start taking supplements is to follow a healthy diet. It must be rich in proteins, fruits, vegetables, nuts and healthy fats, such as avocado and olive oil. It must also be low in carbohydrates, and let’s not forget, you must follow an effective exercise routine in order to get great results.
Fiber and seeds are essential
In order for it to be effective, a supplement should contain great quantities of fiber and seeds, a good source of macronutrients. Fiber improves bowel movement, reduces water retention and prevents obesity; if we add it to our food or eat foods that already contain it, we’ll boost the effects of it.
Many supplements that help us lose weight contain safflower oil, an essential omega 6 fatty acid and one of the most beneficial. Omega 3 and omega 6 acids act on fatty cells and muscles, helping to tone them. Plus, they strengthen the immune system and reduce cholesterol levels.
You may also take linoleic acid supplements, another essential fatty acid of the omega 6 kind. Flax seeds are high in this acid, which our bodies can’t produce, and has to get this from food. It reduces body fat, increases lean muscle mass and improves performance during physical activity.
L-Carnitine and protein
L-Carnitine metabolizes fat and helps to burn more of it, using it as a source of energy, which improves athletic performance. Protein builds muscles and burns fat; whey protein improves performance.
All of these substances combined, will speed up your metabolism and reduce appetite. Its goal is to also favor fat loss in the abs and other difficult areas.
- Thermogenics are a supplement that encourages the body to produce heat. They speed up your metabolism, which requires the energy that your body takes from fat. They’re best known as ECA, an acronym for: ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin.
- Caffeine is also thermogenic. Combined with green tea, it boosts the fat burning effect of both supplements.
- Green tea is associated with antioxidants. Its high content in caffeine and catechin polyphenols, optimizes the expenditure of energy and the use of fats to generate it. It also prevents water retention.
The fat burners that actually work
- The supplements that burn fat are those containing hydroxycitric acid or HCA. It comes from the tropical plant called, Garcinia Cambogia. Ephedra and ephedrine come from a bush, found only in Mongolia and Central Asia.
- Chitosan, another fat burning supplement that will help you to lose weight, comes from shrimp shells. In the human body there’s pyruvate, a molecule that results from glycolysis (the metabolic conversion of glucose).
Herbal supplements that will help you lose weight
Some supplements contain a combination of herbs that favor bowel movement and the expulsion of ‘waste’ from the colon and liver. The antioxidants in artichoke extract for example, improve digestion problems, control cholesterol levels and reduce swelling in different parts of the body.
Tips to keep in mind
In order to lose weight from taking these supplements, you must take into consideration some important points:
- If your goal is to lose weight, you must take these supplements alongside changing your dietary habits. Therefore, try to reduce caloric intake.
- It’s also important to reduce salt in your diet, drink at least two liters of water per day and sleep for eight hours each day. You’ll also need to do more physical activity, preferably daily, as part of an effective and healthy workout schedule.
- All these steps are necessary in order to lose weight while staying healthy.
- Adding supplements that help you lose weight, will improve your body image. Simultaneously, optimizing your body’s functions.