Sweet Recipes with Fruits and Vegetables
Sweet recipes with fruits and vegetables? It may sound strange! And, you might ask yourself whether these recipes will taste any good? The answer is a resounding, yes! In this article, we’ll share a few of these sweet recipes with you, and soon, you’ll be eating fruits and vegetables in a whole new way.
Sorbet with spinach and kiwi
This sorbet idea using spinach and kiwi is a refreshing recipe that’s perfect for summer. Aside from having very few calories, its principle ingredients have other beneficial properties. They have a diuretic effect, which can help you with fluid retention. All of this makes this sorbet the perfect companion for the sun and the beach.
Ingredients for four sorbets:
- 4 kiwis
- 3 bananas
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- Crushed ice
- One cup of instant coffee
- Peel the kiwi and the banana. Cut the fruits into pieces, so that they’re easier to blend.
- Put all of the diced fruit, with the spinach, the honey, the water, and the crushed ice into the blender. If the fruit is very ripe, you don’t have to use honey. The only function that this ingredient has, is to naturally and healthily sweeten the sorbet. If the fruit is ripe, it will already provide enough sweetness. In any event, it will depend on your personal taste.
- Blend all of the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into four cups and put them in the freezer for three minutes. Your fresh and healthy sorbet is now ready. It’s perfect as a snack between meals.
Chocolate and banana sponge cake – a classic and sweet recipe
This sponge cake is a true delight among our sweet recipes. The taste of the carrot combines perfectly with that of the chocolate. It’s a different and original dessert and will delight the youngest members of your household. Keep reading and we’ll tell you how to make it:
- 4 fluid ounces of olive oil
- 3 carrots
- 4 eggs
- 10.5 ounces of sugar (or stevia substitute)
- 10.5 ounces of flour
- 1 spoonful of yeast
- 1 spoonful of butter
- Chocolate drops (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of powdered chocolate
- Half a cup of milk
See Also: Differences Between Butter and Margarine
- Preheat the oven to 356 degrees F.
- Start by peeling and grating the carrots. Afterwards, you mix them together with the eggs and the olive oil, until it forms a compact dough.
- Place the mix into a bowl and add the flour to the yeast. Knead this until it becomes a consistent substance.
- Add some chocolate drops into the dough (optional).
- Put the dough into a silicone mold and bake it in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the sponge cake is baking, boil the water with the powdered chocolate and stir. Remove the sponge cake from the oven and let it cool. Finally, cover it with a thin layer of the hot chocolate.
Cauliflower and fig cake
Perhaps you had to read this twice! While the combination of cauliflower and figs may seem strange, once you taste it, you’ll definitely want to eat it again. The combination of these two ingredients is magnificent. Below, we’ll show you how to make this recipe and it takes no more than one hour.
- 1 pound of cauliflower
- Half a cup of coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 6 egg whites
- 8 figs
Also Read: The Most Outstanding Benefits of Egg Yolk
- Start by preheating the oven to 356 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and wash thoroughly in order to remove any impurities. Afterwards, put the cauliflower into a blender with a grinding function. The result needs to be a paste.
- Mix the cauliflower with the beaten (whole) egg in a bowl, then add the egg whites. Once the ingredients are mixed together, add the flour and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into a silicon mold and cook it in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Once the cake is finished, let it cool and decorate it with the (peeled) figs. Let it cool in the freezer for one hour.
Now you can enjoy these delicious fruits and vegetables in a cake, which is so refreshing during summer.It might interest you...