Flowin, a New Exercise to Incorporate in your Training
Nowadays, more and more tools appear to add to our training. Flowin is one of the newest. Let's learn all about it!
In the following article, we’ll analyze one of the new tools for training that we’re beginning to find in fitness centers. The purpose of this article is none other than to show the possibilities that Flowin gives you and how you can introduce it into your routines so that your training is even better.
What is Flowin?
Flowin is a new method of functional training developed in Sweden by a group of elite athletes whose main goal is to exercise the body as a whole.
It’s done on a smooth and slippery rectangular surface using skates or special mittens that come in different sizes, on which you can rest your hands, feet or knees.
Why is it a full-body exercise?
This new concept combines the following physical qualities that give this new type of exercise a degree of uniqueness:
- Balancing work.
- Muscle strengthening.
Check out this article too: 4 Back Exercises with the Swiss Ball
What kind of exercises can you do with Flowin?
Flowin allows you to perform innumerable exercises, either lying or standing on the ground. Another fundamental component is that it’s suitable for all ages and levels of training.
To learn the skills and movements, you simply have to follow the advice of a professional in the fitness industry. They’ll adapt the exercises to your needs.
Applications and benefits of Flowin
Through this modality of physical activity, incorporate the following qualities:
- Training with force without using weights.
- Resistance training in a different and attractive way.
- Dynamic stretching to improve your flexibility.
- Using multiple types of movement and multi-articular exercises to make each training session a complete experience.
- It trains your stability, mobility, balance, control, and coordination.
Read this article too: The Importance of Strength Training for Runners
Use your body weight
One of the main advantages and characteristics of Flowin is that you don’t always need to go to a gym to do it. When using your own body weight, you won’t have to have extra equipment such as weights or other pieces to work on things such as strength training.
Some of the benefits of using bodyweight are the following:
- Efficiency: not requiring equipment to train means that there’s a minimum transition time between one circuit to another, as well as shorter rest time, which helps keep the heart rate high. As a result, physical fitness can be improved even when the duration of training is short.
- Cardiovascular and strength benefits: combining cardiovascular exercises such as burpees and jumps with strength exercises such as the plank will offer the best of both worlds.
- Strengthening of core muscles: 29 pairs of muscles in the pelvis, abdomen and lower back form the core muscles. They’re necessary to support the body and maintain balance.
- Increased flexibility: there’s no point in increasing strength, without improving flexibility. Good posture and performance require flexibility. It promotes the ability to stretch and bend without feeling pain or suffering an injury.
- Better balance: as you move towards more difficult variations of the exercise, athletes improve their balance, which helps them have better control of the body.
Flowin, as we discussed earlier, is adaptable to any age. If used correctly, it can reduce the risk of injury, since friction is controlled at all times. It’ll offer us a lower risk than other types of training. Don’t wait any longer, it’s not too late for you to try this new type of exercise!