Healthy Egg Recipes: Four Terrific Options
Eggs are an essential food, thanks to the various nutrients that they provide to the body. Healthy egg recipes offer a variety of vitamins that are important to the development and function of our systems, including A, D, B, B2, and B12. They also include minerals such as phosphorous, iron, zinc, selenium, and iodine, all of which promote good health.
Egg whites, widely used in culinary preparations, contain just 17 calories. Their protein value gives them a highly satisfying effect, and they make a nutritious addition to any breakfast. These characteristics make them the perfect ally for anyone looking to lose weight.
Meanwhile, an egg yolk contains a total of 4.5 grams of fat. Although yolks have been linked to an increase in bad cholesterol, the presence of monounsaturated fats indicates that they favor good cholesterol. Due to their versatility, they not only taste delicious but are simple to use in healthy egg recipes.
Healthy egg recipes: eggs with tomato
Easy to prepare, the combination of these ingredients offers a variety of vitamins and minerals. You’ll need:
- Three eggs
- Olive oil (to taste)
- Four ripe tomatoes
Firstly, peel the tomatoes and cut them into small cubes. Then, pour a splash of olive oil in a non-stick pan, add the tomatoes, and sauté them.
In a separate container, beat the eggs and add a pinch of salt. Next, add this mixture to the tomatoes in the pan, and stir them until they acquire the desired consistency. Serve with a slice of bread or a portion of salad.
Eggs with tuna
Eggs can adapt to almost any culinary combination. With a delicious tuna filling, this recipe makes a perfect dinner for anyone looking to lose weight, while maintaining strong bones. They also make great party snacks. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Six eggs
- Three cans of tuna
- Three tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Olive stuffed with anchovies
- Tomato sauce
- Boil the eggs for at least 10 minutes, then remove the shells.
- Carefully extract the yolks and keep the whites.
- In a container, mix the yolks with the tuna, adding a touch of mayonnaise and the chopped olives.
- Use the mixture to stuff the whites, and add a dash of tomato sauce.
Meatballs stuffed with egg
This is one of the easiest healthy egg recipes to serve for lunch. It can be accompanied by potatoes, rice, salad, or bread. Meanwhile, you can enhance its flavor with a variety of dressings.
- Four eggs
- 14 ounces of ground beef
- Fresh parsley
- Boil the eggs and season the meat with the salt, chopped parsley, and pepper.
- Separate the meat into small portions. Roll the portions gently on a board, and place a cooked egg in the center of each.
- Use the meat to cover the egg.
- Add a splash of olive oil to an oven tray, and place the meatballs on top.
- In an oven preheated to 392 degrees, bake for 30 minutes (until golden).
Wild asparagus tortilla
This is a great recipe for a healthy breakfast, perfect for those who include physical activity in their daily routines.
To make it successfully, you’ll need a non-stick pan, which will prevent the ingredients from sticking when it’s time to flip the tortilla.
- A handful of wild asparagus
- Four eggs
- Cut the asparagus into small pieces. Wash carefully, drain, and dry well.
- Then, pour a splash of olive oil into the pan. Wait until it heats up, and add the asparagus. We suggest sautéing it over a low heat so that there’s no risk of it burning.
- Now, beat the eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Remove the asparagus from the heat, drain, and add it to the bowl with the eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, and wait patiently for it to cook, flipping the tortilla over so that it cooks evenly.
- The texture of the tortilla is up to personal taste.