Non-Fattening Foods: 8 Great Picks to Help You Lose Weight
Fruit and vegetables that are low in starch are the best options to make you feel satisfied without risking weight gain. These non-fattening foods are high in water and fiber, and low in calories.
One of the basic principles to maintaining your figure, is calorie intake. Although all foods have some calories, there are plenty of non-fattening foods you can enjoy without worry. When planning a balanced diet though, there are many guidelines to consider.
Water is a valuable element in food, as it leads to lower liquid retention and helps maintain healthy skin. Meanwhile, fiber helps you to digest and leaves you feeling satisfied after you eat. In this respect, the calories offered by non-fattening foods, such as fruit and vegetables are a source of energy and vitality.
Due to their nutritional value, these foods will not make you gain weight, meaning you can enjoy them guilt-free. It is important to remember that excess is never advisable.
- Blueberries are rich in fiber and an important source of antioxidants. They are low in calories, so you can eat them without worrying. They are also an excellent aide in the fight against bad cholesterol.
- Cucumbers are known for their high water content. For people suffering from water retention or some form of inflammation, this food acts as a diuretic. Although its skin can be tough to digest, it is recommended that you do not peel it off. The properties of cucumber are concentrated in its skin and seeds.
- Often limited to soups, celery is a valuable asset at times of anxiety. Eating raw or fresh celery provides your body with a significant dose of fiber, which translates into feeling satisfied. In addition, it also contains potassium and folic acid, and boasts a 95% water content.
- Other foods you can eat raw or fresh include carrots and peppers. A way of giving them some flavor without affecting your diet is by adding some salt and lemon.
- Grapefruit is a perfect option for people looking to watch their figure. It contributes to weight control thanks to its ability to stabilize blood sugar levels. It also contains vitamin C and fiber.
- Part of the same family, the orange is one of the best non-fattening foods. It contains fiber to help you digest, and it is also rich in collagen, this benefits your skin.
The importance of a natural diet
- Who does not enjoy a bowl of hot popcorn? This is a food you can snack on without remorse. Popcorn is high in fiber, and its inflated quality makes you feel full after eating it. It is important to avoid adding too much salt, and limit the amount of oil you use when making it.
- Although watermelon has a reputation for being high in sugar, it is still a good option, thanks to its high water content. When you are feeling anxious, the sweetness of the natural juice will help you control candy cravings. The same is true of melon. The important thing is to eat it in slices, avoiding mass-produced juices.
- Not only is oatmeal a non-fattening food, it is also a valuable source of energy. This cereal is high in fiber and protein, and leaves you feeling full after eating it.
- Nuts like walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts contain fats that help control cholesterol levels. They also contain proteins and minerals that benefit the body and help you digest properly. A fistful of nuts is an appropriate portion for a snack when your body needs additional energy.