POUND Fitness: A Combination of Different Exercises to Burn Fat
Not many people know about POUND. However, it’s a revolutionary style for people who love sports and rock music. It’s a new and efficient trend, but it’s also fun and easy to do. POUND fitness can help to burn fat, tone your muscles and improve your psychomotricity. Keep reading to learn more!
Rock on with POUND fitness
If you like energetic workouts and music, POUND fitness is just what you need. This style originated in California and it’s been causing a big sensation ever since. This is because it combines different exercises and you can get quick results by practicing it.
In POUND fitness people use two drumsticks. That’s where the name comes from. You ‘pound’ the drumsticks together, following the rhythm of the music.
Even though some people believe this trend originated in 2010 from a trainer that played the drums, it wasn’t until 2011 that two trainers called Cristina Peerenboom and Kirsten Potenza designed the Rockout Workout, which evolved into POUND fitness.
Feel the rhythm
You’re probably wondering what the drumsticks are for? It’s very simple, you use them to follow the beat of the music, which is clearly marked with the sound of drums.
However, the drumsticks you use during POUND fitness are not the same as the ones you would use when playing an instrument. They’re special drumsticks called Ripstix; they’re heavier and usually green.
Using Ripstix in combination with dynamic movements and good music can make you forget that you’re actually working out. Also, it noticeably improves the musical ear-body movement bond.
Burn fat and tone your muscles
Doing POUND fitness is highly beneficial for people who want to stay in shape and have fun at the same time. This innovative training modality has many characteristics that make it a wonderful option to stay fit:
- Full body workout: POUND fitness includes isometric exercises, cardio, pilates, yoga and toning exercises. This is a complete and functional exercise combination.
- You continue to burn calories afterward: similar to HIIT, POUND fitness helps your body to burn calories even after you finish a training session.
- Improves your concentration: since you’re using Ripstix, listening to music and performing fast and precise movements, staying focused is an essential part of POUND fitness. Therefore, you’re not only training your body but your mind as well.
- Strong abs: most of the strength you exert when making the movements will come from your abs. Which means that practicing POUND fitness regularly will help you get a flat and strong abdomen.
- You won’t be alone: it’s a group activity that’ll make it easy for you to make friends who support and motivate you.
- It’s completely safe: this modality has a low risk of injury since it’s a workout that’s designed by professional trainers. They planned and created it so it wouldn’t harm your body in any way.
- Tones your muscles: the weight of the Ripstix helps to tone your muscles in an easy and practical way.
- It reduces the risk of certain illnesses: since you’re also doing cardio in this type of workout, it promotes a decrease in the risk for diabetes, hypertension, and obesity.
Say goodbye to stress
If you decide to join the guild of POUND fitness, you won’t regret it. This activity helps to reduce stress and refreshes your mind. You can unleash all your emotions by pounding the Ripstix with all of your strength.
This discipline is very effective to fight depression, stress, and anxiety because it causes a release of endorphins in your brain.
A POUND fitness session lasts for about 50 minutes. During this time, you’ll bang your Ripstix together around 15 thousand times. Besides, you’ll be able to rock on with the music and leave your troubles aside.
Anyone can do POUND fitness
The Rockout Workout has no age limit since there are also some classes designed for children. Even small children can enjoy this type of training! It also helps to develop their creativity and gives them plenty of self-confidence.
POUND fitness burns between 400 and 900 calories. It defines your waist and improves your balance. The only items you need to practice it, are comfortable clothes, a good pair of shoes and the Ripstix. Burn fat and have fun with the sound of music!It might interest you...