Recipes With Wild Asparagus
Because of its smooth and delicious taste, wild asparagus is able to adapt itself to a wide range of dishes. It tastes well accompanied with meats, as a garnish, or even with other vegetables. However, when you choose to eat it, the results are excellent. The following simple recipes, never fail to please. These wild asparagus recipes are a clear example of its versatility.
Recipe for wild asparagus with artichokes and white wine
- 10 ounces of wild asparagus
- 2 pounds of artichokes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 10 ounces of fried tomato
- 5 fluid ounces of white wine
- 1.7 fluid ounces of water
- Salt, parsley, and pepper to taste
- Cut the wild asparagus into pieces, around two centimeters in length.
- Clean and cut each artichoke into four pieces. Let them soak in water and lemon juice.
- Dice the onion into small pieces.
- Fry the onion lightly, along with the garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the onion becomes transparent, drain the water from the artichokes and add them. Fry them lightly and finally add the pieces of asparagus.
- Add the fried tomato.
- Crush the garlic and the parsley in a mortar, until they become a mash. Add this, to the mixture, along with the white wine.
- Add water and mix it well. Let this cook for 20 minutes over a low heat and half-covered.
- Beat the eggs lightly with a fork and add them to the mixture.
Recipe for cream of asparagus with cheese and ham
- 4 sheets of brick pasta or phyllo dough
- 2.2 pounds of wild asparagus
- 1 green onion
- 2 stalks of leek
- 3.5 ounces of rice
- 5 ounces of cream cheese
- 7 ounces of steamed ham
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Boil the asparagus stalks in a large amount of water, together with the stalks of the leeks, and the green onion. Leave them on a high heat for 20 minutes. Then, strain the broth and keep to one side.
- Dice the leek, the onion, and half of the asparagus (keep the asparagus tips to one side) and fry them lightly in a frying pan.
- Add the rice to the frying pan, fry it all together lightly, and add the broth. Add salt and pepper and cook this for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When it’s ready, grind the substance that you have and add a pinch of salt.
- Dice the ham and place it together with the cream cheese in a bowl. Make small packets out of the brick pasta and fry them.
- Put the tips of the wild asparagus in a bowl, half filled with water and covered with plastic wrap. Place this into the microwave for two minutes. Take the precaution of leaving a small gap in the plastic wrap, so that oxygen can get into the bowl.
- Serve the cream decorated with the asparagus tips and the fried pasta packets.
Recipe for barbecued wild asparagus and turkey
- 1 pound of turkey cold cuts
- 10 or 15 wild asparagus
- Olive oil and sea salt
- Cook the asparagus quickly over a griddle or a grill
- Wrap each asparagus stalk with one or two turkey meat slices
- Cook until golden.
Recipe for wild asparagus cannelloni with chicken
- 15 wild asparagus
- 4 chicken breasts
- 20 slices of cannelloni
- 8.5 fluid ounces of milk
- 1.7 ounces of flour
- 3.5 ounces of grated cheese
- Olive oil, nutmeg, salt, and parsley
Read also: Everything You Need to Know About Oat Milk
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the slices of pasta for 10 minutes. Then, strain and remove excess water using a clean kitchen cloth. It’s important not to overcook the pasta, as it needs to remain al dente. See the cooking instructions on the packaging.
- Cut off the lower tips of the asparagus. Then cut in half, long ways, and season them with salt and olive oil.
- Put the asparagus in the frying pan, cover them with the flour and then add the milk, mixing everything so as to avoid getting any lumps. Add salt and pepper and leave it over a low heat for five minutes. After, remove everything from the frying pan and let it cool.
- Afterward, cut the boiled chicken into pieces, then add it to the rest of the stuffing. Give a final pinch of salt to the creation.
- Stuff the cannelloni with the mixture, before placing them on a tray and covering them with cheese. Leave them in a warm oven, until they’re cooked in the style of a gratin. Finally, serve the wild asparagus cannelloni and decorate them with parsley.