Sweet Banana Recipes
Usually, banana recipes make great snacks or a delicious dessert. The truth is that the banana a very versatile fruit, with which you can create many different and healthy desserts. In the following article, we suggest three sweet banana recipes that will leave you licking your lips!
When we talk about desserts with banana, it’s impossible not to mention the banana split! This is many people’s favorite dessert, and, despite it being one of the most traditional, it will never go out of style.
Although banana splits are usually caloric bombs, This recipe is a homemade and healthy version. Your mouth will water from just reading this recipe!
- 6 bananas
- 7 ounces of strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 natural yogurt
- A handful of nuts
- Chocolate syrup
- Start by slicing four of the bananas. Use the slices to cover the surface of a plate; afterward, extend a layer of transparent film over the top, before adding another layer of banana slices. You need three layers in total.
- Repeat the same process with the strawberries and put both dishes in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Remove one layer of banana slices from the freezer and put them into a blender, keeping the other layer to one side. After blending for a few minutes, you will have a delicious banana ice cream.
- Repeat the same process with all of the strawberries, adding the other layer of banana that you kept from step 3. After blending for a few minutes, you will have a delicious banana and strawberry ice cream.
- Next, make the chocolate ice cream. To do this, add the last layer of frozen banana slices and three tablespoons of cocoa to the blender. Blend until the chocolate ice cream is also ready!
- Put the three ice creams into the freezer to keep them cold while we prepare the remainder of the recipe.
- Peel the remaining two bananas and place them on the sides of a gratin or elongated dish, as you would with a traditional banana split.
- Place the three ice cream balls in the middle of the two bananas.
- Finally, pour some natural yogurt on the top, as if it were whipped cream. Add a little syrup and sprinkle a handful of your favorite nuts over this delicious, healthy banana split.
Banana and caramel pancakes
The pancake recipe that we suggest below is a perfect snack for a special day. It’s healthy, delicious, and it also looks spectacular.
- 5 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 3 egg whites
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons of skim milk
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- Olive oil
- Caramel sauce
- In a bowl, mix the yeast, flour, egg whites, milk, sweetener, and cinnamon.
- Add one crushed banana to the mixture and stir it together, to mix well.
- Cover with a cloth and let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
- Spray a little olive oil onto a pan.
- Pour two tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and cook it on both sides. Then, using all of the mixture, repeat the process.
- When each pancake is cooked, place them, one on top of the other, until you make a stack of pancakes.
- Cut the other banana into slices and place on top of the pancake stack.
- Finally, add a little caramel sauce, or sweetener over the pancakes and the banana.
Banana flan cake
Out of all the sweet banana recipes, this is another popular one! It’s a cake with a flan interior that will remind you of your favorite childhood desserts. If you drizzle a little honey on the top, (see image below), this recipe will be a winner!
- 6 bananas
- Half a cup of water
- 9 quarts of milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 9 tablespoons of sugar or sweetener
- First, boil the half cup of water and add four tablespoons of sugar to it, then keep stirring it until you have a thick caramel.
- Pour the thick caramel into the mold and spread it out quickly before it cools. If you want to make a light version, omit this step.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, the milk, four of the peeled and chopped bananas, and the lemon zest. Mash all of the ingredients until you have a homogeneous mass.
- Beat two eggs with four tablespoons of sugar and add it to the mixture in step 3. Then, pour the mix into the mold.
- Cook in the oven at 356 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the remaining two bananas into slices. Next, put them in a hot pan and stir with two tablespoons of sugar. After 30 seconds, remove the slices with care, so that they don’t break.
- Once the flan has cooled, place the banana slices on top.