Tips on Suspension Training with TRX
In recent years, you’ve probably observed the continuous evolution of the world of fitness and the way people exercise. Many of these changes have allowed people to exercise practically anywhere. Suspension training with TRX is a clear example of this.
What’s suspension training with TRX?
TRX is nothing more than a tool or equipment to practice these types of routines. The use of this tool is part of functional training.
This type of training originated in the 19th century. At the 1896 Summer Olympics in Athens, hoops or rings were part of the competition. In addition, suspension training exercises made their appearance.
However, TRX as such was invented by an American soldier, who decided to use his parachute harness to work out. This is how this popular tool was born, which is currently used by a lot of people in suspension training.
How to train with TRX
The fundamental basis of TRX is the use of one’s own bodyweight to perform different exercises. This is the basis of functional training, which TRX belongs to. Therefore, you have to support or mobilize your own weight, which produces resistance.
To train with TRX, you must have single body support (normally your feet or hands) as well as an anchor point for the straps. The rest of your body will be suspended. The only support that you’ll have on the TRX will be the handles that maintain the tension of the straps.
Five tips for suspension training with TRX
To use this tool correctly and train safely, it’s essential for you to follow a series of tips we’ll share below.
- Learn the correct technique. Paying attention to the technical execution of each exercise is essential to prevent and avoid any type of injury. Firstly, you must have proper guidance from a sports science professional.
- Ensure adequate progression. The most convenient thing is to increase the intensity and complexity of the exercises as you master TRX. One of the keys to suspension training with TRX is to gradually increase the level of effort.
- Strike a good balance. Ensuring proper motor control is essential to prevent any problems when you’re performing suspension exercises. In fact, the control you have over your core, that is, the middle area of your body plays an essential role.
- Use TRX to build strength and strengthen your core. Since your core plays a fundamental role in suspension training, it’s a good idea to strengthen it. At the same time, this will help make your strength training more complete and effective.
- Use quality equipment. It’s important to always bear in mind that the TRX straps must hold your weight. Therefore, you must buy quality straps and install them correctly.
Last but not least, don’t forget to enjoy yourself. Take advantage of this approach and exercise anywhere with TRX, even outdoors. This is an advantage over other tools that you can’t train with outside the gym or your home.
Types of suspension training exercises you can do with TRX
As it’s a functional suspension training, you can use it to do many different exercises. For example, you can do flexibility, balance, core, or strength exercises. Likewise, you can work out different areas of your body, such as your biceps and buttocks, among others.
In addition, we remind you that you don’t need to be physically fit to start. Simply follow these tips that can help you reach your fitness goals. Start getting in shape with suspension training with TRX!It might interest you...