The Benefits of Biking To Work
Biking is one of the best ways to avoid traffic jams, arrive at work with a clear head, and get a dose of relaxing exercise to last throughout the day. Let's take a look at the other benefits that biking to work can give you.
We all know that exercise is good for you but sometimes, whether due to laziness or a lack of time, we put it off and end up not doing any. One solution is walking or biking to work.
In this article, we’ll look at tips to squeeze in some exercise. Indeed, it’s important to do this, since those who get less exercise are more prone to developing health issues, like heart disease and diabetes.
In addition, we often come up with excuses to avoid exercising. We’ll take a quick look at the most typical excuses to avoid biking to work.
Excuses to avoid biking to work
- I have kids! This isn’t a good excuse. If your partner can’t bring them to school, you can encourage them to also take up biking. If they’re not old enough to go alone, there are bike trailers you can hook up to your bike.
- What if someone steals my bike? Well, that argument doesn’t hold much water either. Indeed, you can buy a lock that’s easy to open. In addition, be sure to leave it in different places so it can’t always be seen. Moreover, there are many bike stations that are monitored or that are located in busy areas.
- Living far away is the perfect way to combine exercise with public transportation. If you have a long way to go, bike part of the way until you get to a stop or station, that’s on your way to work.
- It’s dangerous! That’s why it’s important to follow all transit laws. Wear a reflective vest so that others can easily see you. Also, make sure you wear adequate protective gear. In addition, try to choose the route with the least amount of traffic and use bike paths whenever possible.
- It’ll be really cold during the winter! Make sure to dress warmly in the winter. You’ll be colder waiting for public transportation than you would be pedaling away with the appropriate clothing.
- It’ll be too hot in the summer! Try to wear breathable clothing and go at a pace that isn’t too fast. Always remember to wear deodorant, bring a towel, and an extra shirt to change into.
Benefits of biking to work
2. Saves money. You’ll save a considerable amount of money. Leaving your car at home is a great way to save on gas and maintenance expenses. Also, it will extend the time between check-ups, oil, and tire changes, breakdowns, etc.
3. Pollutes less. Bicycles are a sustainable mode of transport. They emit zero carbon dioxide emissions and don’t make any noise. In addition, biking is completely different from driving alone and being stuck in traffic for an hour.
Read more: Advice For Getting Exercise at Work
4. Improves your mood. While you’re at it, you’ll contribute to reducing traffic jams. You’ll also avoid red lights and fighting for parking spaces. Indeed, you’ll trade it all in for a quiet and peaceful bike ride. The energy you’ll have and the mood you’ll be in when you get to work will be completely different. This, in turn, will also help you to be more productive at work.
5. More contact with nature. Bike lanes are often closer to trees or go through parks that are full of grass and plants. Finally, different times of the year will let you see how life progresses. For example, you can see the foliage change in the fall and the flowers bloom in spring.