Seven Yoga Poses to Lose Weight: Flatten Belly and Slim Thighs
Almost every day we find new benefits to practicing yoga: it reduces stress and improves sleep and concentration. But yoga also has physical benefits. It’s a great discipline to lose weight because some poses help you flatten your belly, slim your thighs, correct your posture and can even eliminate muscular pain.
Yoga is based on postures; each one of these impacts your physical and mental well-being. To do yoga you don’t need to be incredibly flexible, the key is in consistency.
Yoga poses to reduce belly and thigh fat
If your goal is to lose weight, yoga is a great option. By doing yoga, you can slim down naturally without using weight loss products. All you need is effort and commitment.
The visible results of doing yoga are reducing belly and thigh fat. There are many poses that can help you to do this, and some are really effective. All the poses that we recommend ensure that both legs and abs, are active during the entire exercise.
1- Warm up: Mountain Pose (Tadasana)
When you start any workout routine, you must complete a warm up. Yoga is no exception.
- This is a standing pose. Your back must be straight, keep your shoulders relaxed, back and downwards. Your feet must stay apart.
- Once you are in this position, start breathing slowly as you lift and extend your arms.
- Put your hands together and on top of your head. Stand still for 20 seconds and exhale.
2- Hands to feet pose (Padahastasana)
Starting from the previous pose, flex your body and bring your hands to your feet. It’s not an easy position for beginners, but if you practice it frequently, you’ll soon be able to grasp it. Stay in position for 60 seconds and repeat it ten times. Your belly and legs will be making all of the effort, so you’ll be burning fat from those areas.
3- Warrior pose (Virabhadrasana)
- Start by standing straight with your feet about 6 centimeters apart from each other. Lift and stretch your arms and put your hands together above your head.
- From this position, take a long step with your right leg, so that your femur and tibia form a 90 degree angle. Keep your left leg still, and tense.
- Tilt your head back and keep your back straight.
- Hold this posture for 10 seconds and then go back to the starting position.
4- Triangle pose (Trikonasana)
- Starting from a standing straight position, separate your legs as far as you can.
- Turn your right foot 90 degree to the right.
- Keeping your legs and hips still, lower your upper body to the right side. Put your right hand as close as you can, to your right ankle; and point your left arm up and into the air.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds and then return to the initial position.
5- Plank pose (Phalakasana)
- Start facing down and with your legs together, supporting your weight on your toes. Keep your body straight with your arms vertically to the ground and your hands lying flat against it.
- Lift your left arm and twist your torso.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the movement in the opposite direction.
- Repeat this pose five times.
6- Camel pose (Ustrasana)
- Get on your knees and bend your torso backwards until you can touch your ankles.
- Breathing is important, so you have to inhale at the beginning of the exercise and exhale while you keep the pose.
- Holding your breath for 60 seconds is enough, then return to the starting position.
7- Boat pose (Paripurna Navasana)
This pose really works your muscles, so to do it, you must have good resistance. This pose is one of the most renowned for reducing belly and thigh fat.
- Sit on the floor and keeping your back straight, tilt your body slightly backwards.
- Stretch your legs out, to make a ‘V’ shape.
- Stretch your arms forward.
- Hold the position for 60 seconds.
- Swing back and forth.
Remember, some postures are not at all suitable for pregnant women or for people with spine problems. If you have any doubts, please ask a professional’s advice before you begin any form of exercise routine.It might interest you...