Dishes with Lean Meats
The best thing about these recipes is that they are reasonably priced and easy to cook. We propose different recipe suggestions for dishes with lean meats.
Lean meats contain less than 10 grams of fat per 100 grams of product. Furthermore, these meats contain low levels of saturated fats and cholesterol. Due to this, they are a very healthy option to include in the lunches or dinners of our day-to-day diets.
As you may already know, dishes with lean meats are perfect for daily life and for the most special occasions. Besides, everyone likes them and there are endless ways to cook them. Take notes, because we are going to suggest three recipes for you to try!
Turkey breast stuffed with berries and apricot
Stuffed turkey is one of the most common recipes on the most important days of the year. In this post, we’ll teach you how to make another recipe that also has a special flavor when stuffed with fruits. Another advantage of this dish is that its appearance is spectacular, as you can see from the image below.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 2 lb of turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Half a glass of white wine
- Half an onion
- 1 glass of meat broth
- 1/2 half cup of berries
- 1/2 half cup of apricot
- 1/4 lb of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a frying pan, caramelize the thinly cut onion. When it begins to brown, add the bacon, the berries and the chopped apricot. When you add the fruits, you should just sautee them for 30 seconds. That’s how simple it is to prepare the stuffing for this delicious turkey.
- Open the turkey breast and season it. You can ask the butcher to remove any bones and open it for you because it’s a somewhat complicated task. It’s important that the turkey is prepared properly so that the meal has a beautiful presentation.
- Distribute the stuffing over the breast, except for the edges. This will make it easier to roll it up.
- Close the breast with the help of a string.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the olive oil. Using a brush, smear the breast with this mixture.
- Pour the white wine and meat broth over the breast. Lastly, sprinkle some rosemary over the breast.
- Roast in the oven for 50 minutes. If it becomes dry, you can re-grease it with the butter and olive oil mixture every 15 minutes.
- Finally, all that remains is to plate it. To do this, cut the breast into 2 centimeter thick slices. If you cut them too thin, they will break apart and the presentation won’t be as impressive.
Roasted rabbit with potatoes
Rabbit is one of the most traditional meats. It contains very little fat, so it’s classed as a lean meat and you can cook it in many ways. Here is a recipe for roasted rabbit with potatoes that takes approximately 50 minutes to cook.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 rabbit
- 2 potatoes
- 1 glass of white wine
- Olive oil
- Paprika (you can choose a spicy one or not, according to your taste).
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F.
- Cut the rabbit into four pieces and season it. You can ask the butcher to cut it for you.
- Prepare the mixture with which we will spread on the rabbit, to make it juicier and to prevent it from drying in the oven. Firstly, add the chopped parsley, paprika, and salt into a mortar, and mash it with a pestle. Then add olive oil, vinegar, and white wine.
- With the help of a brush, smear the rabbit with the mixture that you just made. Add an ample amount and set aside the leftover mixture.
- Place the rabbit inside the oven for half an hour. If it’s too dry after 15 minutes have passed, you can remove it from the oven and smear on another layer of the mixture.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices. Cook them for 10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Begin the plating. To do this, place one quarter of the rabbit and several slices of potato on each plate. Add two tablespoons of the juice that has been left over in the oven tray. Sprinkle some paprika on the potatoes.