Easy and Fast Vegan Desserts
A vegan diet is based on not eating anything that comes from animal origin. That includes eggs, honey, and the meat itself. Up next, we’re going to show you some vegan dessert recipes you can easily make at home to have an equally appetizing alternative for finishing up a meal.
Oatmeal and banana cookies
To prepare this vegan dessert, we don’t need more than fifteen minutes. It’s so simple that there’s no excuse for not encouraging yourself to do it.
In this recipe, you’ll only need two ingredients: oatmeal and bananas. If you want to give it a personalized touch, you can add some optional ingredient such as raisins or chocolate chips.
Ingredients for 20 cookies:
- 7 ounces of oatmeal.
- 2 large, ripe bananas.
- Optional ingredient: raisins, chocolate chips…
For the preparation, you can follow these steps:
*Turn on the oven at 356 degrees to preheat it while you make the cookie dough.
- 1- Grind the rolled oats with a blender. It’s not necessary to shred it into powder, but most of it should be. This way, you’ll be able to mix it better with the banana later.
- 2- To continue, crush the bananas; you can do it with the help of a fork until it becomes a mixture with little or no chunks.
- 3- Then mix the ground oat flakes with the mashed banana until a uniform dough is left.
- 4- The proper texture of the dough will enable you to make the shape of the cookies with your hand. So if you left it too dry, add more banana, and if it’s too sticky, you should add more ground oatmeal flakes.
- 5- Once you have a dough with the right texture, make balls more or less the same size and give them a cookie shape to place them on the baking tray.
- 6- Finally, bake the cookies for ten or twelve minutes according to how you see them coming along. After that, you’ll have your cookies ready for tasting.
This vegan dessert recipe is just as simple as the previous one. Although, it will take a little longer since you’ll bake the muffins for about twenty minutes.
Ingredients for about 12 muffins:
- 7 ounces of wheat flour.
- 10 ounces of sugar.
- A spoonful of yeast.
- A small teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Half a teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Half a teaspoon of ginger powder.
- A few ground cloves.
- A cup of raw, crushed pumpkin.
- 120 ml of soy milk.
- 120 ml of oil.
- Two spoonfuls of molasses.
To prepare this recipe, follow these steps:
*Turn the oven on to 392 degrees to preheat it while you make the muffin dough.
- 1- You can start by covering the interior of the muffin molds with a little margarine so the muffins don’t stick later and are able to come out easily.
- 2- Then, divide the ingredients into two groups and mix them into two different bowls.
- 3- In one of the bowls, begin mixing: the flour, sugar, yeast, a pinch of salt, and the spices until it’s all uniform.
- 4- After that, in a different bowl, beat the pumpkin, soy milk, oil, and molasses.
- 5- Subsequently, mix the ingredients in the two containers and blend them in a way that you’ll have a totally uniform texture.
- 6- Once you have the muffin dough ready, grab the molds and fill them. Don’t fill more than two-thirds of the molds since the dough will rise while baking.
- 7- Put the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes. Before removing them, check that they are ready by piercing the dough with a knife until it comes out clean.
As you have seen, there are vegan dessert recipes that are very easy and quick to make without using ingredients of animal origin. You can also see that they are equally as appetizing as any dessert and if you dare to make them, you’ll love their flavor too.It might interest you...