Is It Necessary To Eat Five Times A Day To Lose Weight?
The regular consumption of small portions of food will help to speed up the metabolism. This is because the body is constantly working to process each meal.
On the market there are plenty of diets and fad diets to help you achieve your desired figure. Specialists say that the true success of a diet is accepting it as a way of life. Thus, eating five times a day to lose weight has become a popular form.
The key to this regime is not to abuse portion sizes and to keep an approximate calorie count. You also have to pay attention to the ingredients that are used during cooking. Obviously, junk foods or processed foods are higher in fats and sugars.
Advantages of eating multiple times a day to lose weight
- Decreases anxiety state. When eating five times a day, the body becomes accustomed to the regular consumption of food. This helps, psychologically, to break with the myth that dieting implies hunger. On the contrary, the person feels satisfied and motivated throughout the day.
- It helps control blood sugar levels. The increase in blood sugar is associated with the accumulation of body fat. In general, the amount of time between one meal and another triggers the sugar levels, which generate anxiety. In addition, the person may feel tired, discouraged and lack energy.
- Accelerates metabolism. As the body is constantly digesting food, the metabolism accelerates based on the level of consumption. If you want to improve this even more, exercise is essential to achieve a 100 per cent active metabolism.
- Increase energy levels in the body. The constant consumption of small portions of food decrease sugar spikes in the blood, increasing the energy in the body. It is very helpful to choose energizing snacks, such as fruits and vegetables.
- Flexible diet. This type of regime allows flexibility, since it does not adhere to a specific food menu. In this way, the dieter can consume a varied diet. As long as you are aware of what you eat, when you eat it and how much.
How are the meals distributed?
The most difficult thing in starting the habit of eating five times a day, is to get used to the rhythm. It may be that at the beginning you feel that you are eating more than normal or that your body is not able to consume this much food. To break this habit, you can start with very small portions between meals.
It is important, when eating five times a day to obtain an ideal weight and to lose weight, to monitor schedules and meals. Food should be eaten between meals, such as between breakfast and lunch, as well as in the afternoon.
An example of meal times could be the following: breakfast at 8am, snacks plus fruit and tea at 11am, lunch at 1.30pm. Snack at 5pm and dinner at 8.30pm.
As for meals, main dishes should be rich in protein and vegetables, with a small portion of carbohydrates. Recommended snacks are fruits, nuts, and crackers, among others.
Additional recommendations to reach the ideal weight
For the diet of five meals a day and also for a regular diet, the following tips can help. When starting a plan to lose weight, it should be a personal decision and not a punishment, as it will not have the expected effect.
- Exercise regularly. Walking for 15 to 30 minutes a day will be enough. Another option can be going the gym, playing sports, etc. This will serve, in addition to exercising the body, to stay motivated and active.
- Motivation for weight control. Weighing yourself daily or several times a day will not benefit your weight loss; on the contrary, it can have an adverse psychological effect.
- Set a goal. Starting a diet requires achieving a goal. In general, the objectives must be defined in terms of the weight that you want to lose and the amount of time you need. The goal must be realistic and possible to achieve.