Make Homemade Post-workout Smoothies
In the following article, we'll give you some smoothie recipes that you can make in five minutes after you've finished your workout. The benefits are impressive!
After each training session, it’s essential that you nourish your body correctly. Keep in mind that you’ve lost a large number of nutrients and put yourself through intense and prolonged effort. A good way to recover is by consuming homemade post-workout smoothies.
These kinds of drinks are perfect for recovering all the fluids you lost through sweating. They also have a lot of nutrients that are able to maximize the effort you’re making. Very few foods are able to hydrate and nourish in a light way and with barely any calories as these veggie smoothies.
Up next, we’ll give you different recipes for homemade post-workout smoothies that you can make at home. The best part is that you can make them in just a few minutes and with ingredients that you can find in any supermarket.
Why drink homemade post-workout smoothies after training?
In the supermarket or specialized shops for athletes, you can find a huge variety of homemade smoothies specially designed for post workouts. Whether it’s because we’re in a rush, because we don’t like to cook or simply because we’re lazy, we end up buying these options instead of making them ourselves.
You should know that a homemade post-workout smoothie contains more properties because you make it just before drinking it. In addition, they don’t have any kind of additives and are much healthier.
Except in emergency cases, we recommend that you always choose homemade options. In any case, it’s no big deal to consume one of these products from time to time. It’s up to you to find the right balance.
Besides, as you’ll see, there’s no excuse to not make them at home because you only need a few minutes. Take a look at these recipes and modify them according to your taste to create new ones, so you’ll never get bored with these smoothies.
This smoothie is a different option to what you may normally choose. You’ll simply love its taste, and it’s especially recommended during summer.
The acidity of the lime, together with the sweetness of the pear, create a very special combination that can inspire you to make other kinds of desserts.
- 1 pear
- 2 pineapple slices
- 1 lime
- 1 glass of water
- The first thing you’ll need to do to make this post-workout smoothie is to extract the juice from the lime.
- Then, chop the pineapple and pear to make blending easier.
- Blend the chopped fruit with the lime juice and half a glass of water. Add the other half of the water slowly until it has the right consistency.
- If the result is too sour, you can add a spoon of honey.
”These drinks are perfect for recovering all the fluids you lost through sweating. In addition, they have a lot of nutrients, which are able to maximize the effort you’re making”
Banana and nut smoothie
Because of the texture, smoothies are very pleasant to drink. In this case, we have chosen one that mixes fruit with nuts. If you drink it cold, you can make it before you go to the gym, so when you come back, it will be fresh and creamy. You’ll love it because it’s healthy, nutritious and very satiating.
- 2 ounces of almonds
- Half an avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 hand of cranberries
- 7 fluid ounces of milk. You can also use any type of soy drink.
- Peel the almonds and cut them in two or three pieces to make them easier to blend.
- Cut the avocado and the banana. Choose pieces of ripe fruit, so the result is creamy and sweet.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and add the milk.
- Blend until you get the texture you want. It’s not necessary to add sugar or any type of sweetener because the fruit already fulfills this role.
With recipes like these, recovering after a work out is a real pleasure. Also, remember that you can personalize them according to what you like so you don’t get bored with them. When you start taking them, you’ll find that they’re a much better choice then any shake you can buy at the supermarket.