3 Healthy and Delicious Hamburger Recipes
Almost everyone likes hamburgers. However, they have the disadvantage of not being very healthy. Don't worry, with these healthy hamburger recipes, you'll be able to enjoy hamburgers without the guilt!
Healthy eating doesn’t mean you have to give up all of your favorite foods. Try preparing these healthy hamburger recipes, which also happen to be delicious too!
You might like: Healthy Barbecue: best recipes
Hamburgers are a kind of sandwich composed of bread, ground beef, and vegetables such as lettuce and tomato. As time has passed, new variations on this classic sandwich have appeared. Even today, new hamburger recipes with different ingredients are appearing everywhere.
Around the world, people eat many different kinds of hamburgers. However, sometimes the way it’s prepared or the ingredients it contains can be quite harmful, especially if you’re eating at a fast food restaurant.
Therefore, the solution to not filling your body with undesirable substances is not eliminating it from your diet. Rather, you should be opting for healthy hamburger recipes, such as the ones we’re about to share with you.
The best healthy hamburger recipes
1. Salmon and shrimp: one of the tasty hamburger recipes
This is the best option if you’d like to try eating something different and, at the same time, impress your friends with your culinary skills! Additionally, this recipe has a high omega-3 and vitamin D content.
- 6.5 ounces of raw shrimp, peeled and chopped.
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, chopped into small pieces.
- 1 lemon.
- 3 onions, diced.
- 0.35 ounces of coriander.
- 2 ounces of mayonnaise.
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper.
- 2 leaves of lettuce, shredded.
- 1 cucumber, julienned.
- Olive oil.
- 4 toasted hamburger buns.
- Blend half of the shrimp, salmon, onion, and coriander, in a food processor until you have an even paste.
- Combine this paste with the remaining salmon and shrimp, and add the lemon zest, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide this mixture into four portions and shape each into a hamburger patty.
- In a bowl, gently mix the mayonnaise, bell pepper, a little lemon juice, and salt to taste. Continue until evenly mixed.
- In a separate container, add the lettuce, cucumber, and olive oil. Let it sit.
- Pour a little olive oil in a frying pan and cook each fish patty for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Once the patties are ready, place them inside the hamburger buns along with the salad and mayonnaise. Serve and enjoy!
You might like: How to Stay Healthy and Thin During Vacations
2. Japanese rice: another of the great hamburger recipes
Rice hamburgers are extremely delicious and healthy. At the same time, they’re very simple and quick to make, ideal to make on a Sunday night.
- 7.5 ounces of steamed rice.
- 1 tablespoon of potato starch.
- Sesame oil.
- Soy sauce.
- 3.5 ounces of finely sliced pork.
- One ounce of carrots, julienned.
- 1.4 ounces of chopped onions.
- Olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce.
- 1/2 tablespoon of sake.
- 1 small leaf of purple lettuce.
- 2 sheets of waxed paper.
- Salt and pepper.
- Mix the potato starch with the hot rice. This will help it form more easily and stay together.
- Place one portion of rice on top of a sheet of waxed paper and place another sheet on top of it. Press down on it until it’s about a centimeter thick and then press a circular mold into the rice to form a round patty. Remove the rice from the waxed paper and set aside. Repeat this process.
- Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and pan fry the rice patties until golden. When you turn them over, add a little soy sauce. Once they’re golden on both sides, remove from the heat.
- Season the pork with salt, pepper, and sake.
- In the same frying pan you prepared the rice patties in, add a little more oil and cook the carrots and onion. When they’ve softened, add the pork and teriyaki sauce. Cook on low heat.
- Now, on a plate, place a rice patty and on top of that layer some pork, vegetables, purple lettuce, and sesame oil. Then, place another rice patty on top. Serve and enjoy your healthy Japanese style hamburger!
3. Caribbean chicken hamburger recipe
Caribbean chicken hamburgers have a lot of fiber and protein, and they are also very low in fat. At the same time, they are very juicy and the combination of flavors is unique and exquisite.
- 2 cups of pineapple, diced.
- 1 small mango, finely cubed.
- 1 red onion, diced.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- 17 ounces of ground chicken.
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese.
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- 4 leaves of lettuce.
- 1 green apple, peeled and grated.
- 4 hamburger buns.
- First, mix together the pineapple, mango, onion, lemon juice, oil, and coriander and keep to one side: this will be the fruit salsa that’ll accompany your hamburger.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix together the chicken, apple, and breadcrumbs until everything is compact.
- Now, divide this mixture into four portions and use your hands to shape them into patty form. Let them chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Then, take the chicken patties out of the fridge.
- Next, heat up a frying pan and cook the chicken patties on one side until they’re golden. When you flip them over, place a slice of mozzarella cheese on each patty and let it melt.
- Once the chicken is ready, serve it on the bun with lettuce and a portion of the fruit salsa.
You don’t have to harm your body in order to enjoy tasty food. There are so many options rich in vitamins, protein, and fiber. So, motivate yourself to cook and try these super delicious and healthy hamburger recipes!