Easy Fruit-Based Recipes
Fruits are the ideal food to keep you in good shape. This is because they satisfy your appetite, they’re rich in vitamins and antioxidants and you have a huge range of fruits to choose from. You can have fruit-based dishes throughout the year. But remember, always choose fruits that are in season since they will be juicer and tastier.
To make this recipe you will need:
- 17 ounces of gelatin
- 11 ounces of your favorite fruit
- Mint syrup
- 1 lemon
- Firstly, choose the fruit or fruits that you want to use for this recipe. Wash them thoroughly and peel them. Cut them into pieces, and store them in the refrigerator while you finish the rest.
- Next, prepare the gelatine following the instructions on the package. Then, add the mint syrup and the lemon juice and keep stirring until it reaches boiling point. Remove from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Put the fruit in the bowl where you will make the jelly. Pour the gelatin into the bowl.
- Wait until it has cooled down and then put it in the refrigerator for two hours or until it has set completely.
For this recipe you will need half a cup of each of the following fruits:
- 1 liter of watermelon juice or apple soda
To make this delicious fruit punch you have to:
- Chop all of the fruit. Do this as close to the time you intend to serve the punch to ensure that the fruit will be fresh and tasty.
- Add the fruit into a large bowl, alternating them. Mix well but very gently while making sure you don’t smash the fruit. Add the juice or soda and continue to mix.
- Put this in the refrigerator until it is time to serve. Pour it into glasses, making sure you have more fruit than juice in each glass.
Hazelnut and banana pancakes
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of hazelnut cream
- A cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- A large egg
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- A sliced banana
To make the pancakes follow these directions:
- In a bowl, add the flour and baking powder. Make a well in the middle, and add the egg, oil and milk into it. Mix until you have a homogeneous mix. Always mix from inside to outside; this way you avoid any lumps.
- Heat a pan at medium temperature. Add a little butter, and when it melts, add one tablespoon of the pancake mix you just made. Wait until it starts bubbling then flip it and let it cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the pan. Repeat until you have used all of the pancake mixture.
- Now, put one of the pancakes back in the pan, put a little of the hazelnut cream on the top, a few slices of banana and cover with another pancake. Let it warm inside the pan until the cream has melted. Serve with syrup.
Strawberry and orange smoothie
*For this delicious drink, all you will need is:
- 5 ounces of strawberries
- 10 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 cup of orange juice
*For this recipe you will need a blender.
Follow these directions and enjoy your smoothie:
- Put the strawberries, orange juice, ice cubes and sugar inside a blender.
- Mix until you have a smooth texture. It’s best if you use the lower speed.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy this simple and refreshing beverage!
As you have discovered, there are many fast and easy recipes that you can make using fruits. Choose the ones that you like the most and enjoy a healthy snack!