Sweet Egg Recipes
Eggs are considered a key ingredient in many delicious recipes; sweet dishes with egg recipes are indispensable in our kitchen.
Egg recipes are the perfect contribution to different dishes, they provide structure and fluffiness, and serve as binders and emulsifiers; in addition, they favor the integration of solid and liquid elements when mixing the different preparations.
- One cup of sugar
- 300 ml of water
- Lemon peel
- Two tablespoons of cold water
- Seven egg yolks
- One egg
- Six large spoons of sugar
- Three tablespoons of water
Preparing the syrup:
- In a pot, place the water, sugar, and lemon peel, cook for about 20 minutes over low heat. Let it cool and sit.
- To make the caramel, mix the water and sugar stirring constantly to achieve a dark golden hue. Pour it in the mold that you can also use for the custard.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks along with the whole egg and the tablespoons of cold water with a blender or mixer. Mix well, until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Add the syrup.
- Pour the mix into the custard mold with the caramel and cover it well with aluminum.
- Cook in a bain-marie at 392 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
- Once the hour is up, poke it with a toothpick, the toothpick should be dry when removed.
- Take it out of the mold and let it sit for an hour.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- 2 pints of milk
- 6 cookies
- 6 eggs
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 ounces of sugar
- Boil the milk with the lemon peel, two-thirds of the sugar, and the cinnamon stick.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Put the egg whites and one-third of the sugar in a blender or mixer. Beat until you have a fluffy meringue mixture. Set it aside for later.
- Remove the lemon peel, without removing the boiling pot of milk from the heat. Then, slowly add spoonfuls of meringue and stir rapidly until it boils.
- Use one small bowl per person and place the cookies at the bottom of each bowl.
- Add the milk mixture and then the meringue. Let it sit in the refrigerator afterward.
- When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle cinnamon on the top of each bowl, for extra aroma and a decorative touch.
Chocolate rice pudding
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 pints of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 lemon peel
- A cinnamon stick
- Cocoa powder
- 1 chocolate per serving
- In a pot, cook the rice; when it begins to soften, add the milk, the sugar, a pinch of salt, and the cinnamon.
- Cook on low heat and stir constantly, until the rice is creamy. The point of which you want to cook the rice, either more or less overcooked, will depend on your personal tastes.
- Add the yolks one by one while stirring, and continue cooking for at least three more minutes.
- Serve in individual glasses.
- Decorate the surface of rice pudding with cocoa powder and a thin bar of grated chocolate.
Apple and coconut flan
- 3 medium-size apples
- Grated coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon
- A cup of condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the apples, and cut them into slices, before soaking them in the juice of the lemon.
- Cook the apple pieces in butter over low heat, until they soften. When they’re soft, mash them.
- Make the caramel with water and sugar, and cover the bottom of the desired mold.
- Beat the eggs and mix them with the applesauce, the condensed milk, and the grated coconut.
- Pour the mixture into the caramel-filled mold and cook in a bain-marie for one hour.
- Insert a wooden toothpick into the flan, and if it’s dry when it comes out it’s ready.
- Leave in the refrigerator and cover with grated coconut before serving.