Homemade Nutella: A Great Recipe for Making It Yourself
Who hasn’t savored a piece of toast covered with the delicious cocoa cream, known as Nutella? If you’re looking to enjoy this treat in its healthiest possible form, this article will give you a recipe for homemade Nutella. We’ve included different homemade Nutella variations, so that there is something for everyone.
Traditional Nutella Recipe
Why make Nutella at home when you can just go to the supermarket and buy a jar? The answer is simple. Anything you prepare at home is healthier than something you buy already made. This is due to the fact that the ingredients are healthier, natural, and you also avoid the excessive amount of added sugar that is usually found in commercial products.
As you’ll see, homemade Nutella is easy to make, and uses very few ingredients. This means you have every reason to make this traditional snack at home.
- 150 grams of hazelnuts
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- Olive oil
1. Start by toasting the hazelnuts. They’re the key to getting that classic Nutella flavor. Put the hazelnuts in an oven that is pre-heated to 180 degrees. After 10 minutes, they’ll be toasted and ready to add to the recipe.
2. Then, mince the hazelnuts in a food processor, and wait until they’re completely ground.
3. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the food processor. Keep mincing until the two ingredients form an even paste.
4. It’s time to add the recipe’s main ingredient. Break the chocolate into several pieces and put it in a bain-marie until it’s fully melted.
5. Then add the melted chocolate to the paste formed by the hazelnuts and the olive oil, and process it some more.
6. When all the ingredients have been mixed together and have the uniform texture of Nutella, it’s ready to eat.
7. Taste it, and add a pinch of sugar if necessary. The flavor should be sweet, even without added sugar, since the chocolate already contains sugar.
Homemade Nutella – Vegan Version
Vegans can also make Nutella at home, and this recipe is an example of how to do it. By simply changing a few ingredients, you can make a delicious vegan Nutella, that barely affects the taste.
- 150 grams of hazelnuts
- 180 ml of soy milk
- 80 ml of agave
- 30 grams of cocoa
1. The night before you begin making the recipe, put the hazelnuts into a bowl with water. Let them soak for seven hours. This will soften them, and when the time comes to make the recipe, they’ll have a texture similar to Nutella.
2. Then, put the soaked hazelnuts into a bowl with the agave, the soy milk, and the cocoa.
3. Slowly mix all the ingredients together until the texture is even. This process will take a few minutes, so stay patient!
4. Put the mix into a glass jar, and let it sit for two to three hours.
Light Nutella Recipe
The next recipe for homemade Nutella, is for people who struggle with weight issues, or who simply want to take care of themselves. This recipe proves that dieting isn’t synonymous with boring food. Spread Light Nutella on toast for breakfast, put it in a sandwich for a healthy snack, or serve it with fruit.
- 2 cups of toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons of powdered, sugar-free cocoa
- 4 packets of sweetener
- Process the toasted hazelnuts. They’ll be ready once they form a paste. Do this slowly until you get the desired consistency.
- Then, put the toasted hazelnuts, the cocoa, and the sweetener in a bowl.
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor together and mix until you get a Nutella-like texture. As this is a very thick paste, stop the food processor intermittently and remove the contents with a teaspoon. Repeat the process as many times as is necessary.
- Once you get the desired texture, try the homemade light Nutella and add sweetener as needed.