Try These Three Green Smoothie Recipes
There's no excuse not to prepare one of these green smoothie recipes. They take about five minutes to make, since all of the ingredients are raw. All you have to do is cut them up and blend them: they're healthy options that are fast and easy.
You’ve probably heard of green smoothies? They’ve become quite popular, especially among those who exercise, or who are dieting, and living a healthy lifestyle. If you haven’t tried them yet, we recommend that you give them a go. In this article, we’ll provide a few green smoothie recipes that are healthy and delicious.
At first glance, they might not look that great. But you’ll get used to their flavor right away and will keep coming back for more. The key is finding the green smoothie that you like most, so it will be easier to drink and won’t be a chore every morning. We’ll suggest a few recipes, but you can modify them to your liking.
Benefits of green smoothies
Green smoothies are a mixture of fruits, vegetables, and dried fruit. They sometimes contain a little bit of milk or something similar such as, soy, rice, or oat milk. Green smoothies offer the following main benefits:
- Weight loss. If you’re dieting, green smoothies are a good option. They’re low in calories while being very filling. This means that they’ll hold you over throughout the morning.
- Source of energy. Due to their high vitamin content, green smoothies can give you a much-needed boost of energy.
- Helps digestion. Since they’re a smoothie, their ingredients are blended. As such, your stomach doesn’t have to work as hard to digest them, making digestion faster and easier.
- What’s more, smoothies are an easy way to increase your daily intake of fruits and vegetables. It can be difficult to eat five whole servings of fruits and veggies every day. With these smoothies, it’ll be simpler and you won’t even notice you’re consuming them.
Kiwi and spinach green smoothie
- 250 grams of fresh spinach
- 300 grams of kiwis
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Half a coffee cup of rice milk (you can use another type of milk)
Peel the kiwis and slice them. Then, put the slices in a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until well blended. Once ready, let it chill in the refrigerator.
This smoothie is great for those who have issues with constipation. Kiwis get the bowels moving and will get rid of any issues.
Pineapple, spinach, and celery green smoothie
- 1 celery stalk
- 200 grams of fresh spinach
- 2 slices of natural pineapple
- Half a coffee cup of soy milk
Peel the pineapple, cut two slices and chop them. Clean the celery and spinach, and put the three ingredients together in a blender. Finally, add the soy milk to the blender. Blend on high until it reaches the consistency of a smoothie. Pour in a glass jar and chill in the refrigerator.
This green smoothie gives an antioxidant boost and is great for weight loss. Pineapple and celery are low-calorie, purifying foods. Spinach is high in iron and provides energy for when fatigue rears its head.
Grapefruit, apple, and kale green smoothie
- 1 ripe grapefruit
- 1 apple
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 2 or 3 mint leaves
- Half a glass of rice milk
First, juice the grapefruit; this is why it’s important that it is ripe. Chop the rest of the ingredients and put them in the blender. Blend on high and you’re good to go!
This smoothie will increase your vitamin C intake. This vitamin protects your immune system and helps with muscle regeneration. It’s the perfect companion for those last hours during the day when fatigue starts to grow.