Have You Heard of Face Yoga?
Your face has many muscles, and you should work these regularly to keep them firm and youthful. Beyond cosmetic treatments, face yoga will leave your face feeling relaxed.
You reflect your mood through your facial expressions. For example, your face can show happiness, anger, and even fatigue.
The benefits of face yoga
- Reduces tension in your face. Stress causes tension in different muscles and fatigue is reflected in your face. Facial exercises will help this area to relax after a stressful day.
- Improves your skin tone. These exercises activate your entire lymphatic system which improves your appearance.
- Fights puffiness and under-eye circles. Using this therapy under your eyes, will reactivate blood flow and gradually eliminate unsightly inflammation.
- Fights wrinkles. By doing a few minutes of face yoga, you’ll gently stretch your skin. As a result, you’ll smooth out expression lines and any sagging skin.
- Softens double chins and inflammation. Face yoga tones the muscles. Consistency in your routine will result in noticeable improvements naturally.
- Increases self-esteem in both children and adults. Face yoga makes a person connect with themselves. Doing exercises that complement your breathing will provide a feeling of safety and well-being.
- Prevents imperfections. You can identify the expressions that make your face look tired or tense. Being aware of that makes it easier to avoid or modify them.
You can do face yoga at home and in just a few minutes each day. You only need to do 10 to 15 minutes of targeted face exercises and as a result, you will feel calm. You will also rejuvenate your appearance.
Face yoga exercises that you can do at home
In addition to greatly improving your well-being and physical appearance, face yoga is very easy to do. All you need is motivation and a mirror. Sometimes it can a fun game of grinning! But concentration is essential to really connect.
- Eyes and forehead: firstly, form a V shape with both your index and middle fingers, and place them over the ends of your eyebrows. Apply light pressure. Then, in the same position, look at the ceiling and bring the eyelid up. Repeat six times with each eye. This exercise fights the aging process and helps to reduce the appearance of bags under your eyes. It also eliminates unsightly dark circles.
- Eyes and tongue: open your eyes as wide as possible, stick out your tongue, as if you’re trying to reach your chin. Then, concentrate mentally, hold for 10 seconds and rest; perform sets of six. This technique eliminates the toxins that accumulate around your eyes.
- Eyelids: an area affected by sagging skin and external factors such as, makeup. To tone your eyelids, look up and raise your eyebrows; leave your eyebrows up, while closing your eyes. Meanwhile, take a deep breath in through your nose; repeat six times.
More interesting exercises that you can do at home
- Even if you can’t see them well, there are also muscles around your nose that you can strengthen to improve their tone. Gently press your nasal cavities for a few seconds and release; repeat eight times.
- Suck your cheeks in and make a fish face. Then, hold the position for 30 seconds, relax your lips for a few seconds and repeat. This helps to fight lines that form around your lips.
- Try making a fish face, and raise your eyebrows for 20 seconds; release for a moment and repeat. This exercise targets the muscles that prevent wrinkles as well as keeping your forehead firm.
- Scalp. Gently pull your hair by massaging your scalp in a circular motion from the bottom up. As a result, your circulation will improve, promoting healthy hair growth. What’s more, it also releases tension in the same area.
We recommend doing face yoga from an early age, even though it’s never too late to start. Also, face yoga makes it possible to get a younger and firmer-looking face naturally.It might interest you...