Oatmeal Nut Cookies
We will share the key benefits to these two main ingredients and we will explain how to make these cookies with a quick and simple recipe!
Oatmeal nut cookies are easy to make. You can make them at home in a very short amount of time. They also keep perfectly so you can make enough to enjoy healthy breakfasts throughout the week.
Properties of oats
Did you know that oats are the grains with the highest concentration of vitamins and minerals? These characteristics make oats the star ingredient for any breakfast or snack. In addition, oats are rich in fiber, potassium, and magnesium.
Therefore, oats are especially recommended for those who have intestinal problems, such as constipation or difficulties with digestion. Oats can also be consumed by people who need extra energy, such as athletes.
As you can see, it is a very complete food, so it is beneficial to include oats in our diet. In this post, we suggest you try oatmeal in nut cookies. Other ways to eat oatmeal can be with milk for breakfast, with yogurt or with cereal bars.
Properties of nuts
Nuts are an important source of minerals, they contain a large number of vitamins, are rich in healthy vegetable fats and they also contain fiber. For all of these reasons, they are a star food that should be incorporated into any diet (in the proper proportions).
It’s good to get in the habit of starting the day with a handful of nuts, such as almonds or hazelnuts. They are the perfect complement to a slice of toast and a glass of milk. This will allow you to start the day full of energy. You can also eat them mixed with a yogurt, or at any time as a healthy snack.
The only Achilles heel of nuts is the calorie content. All nuts are high in calories, therefore, you always have to consume them in small quantities. A small amount gives us the necessary energy.
One tip is to always carry a bag with you, that contains a serving of nuts. You can keep the nuts in your bag for weeks and so when you get hungry, you can consume this healthy snack that will ward off your hunger for hours.
Recipe for oatmeal nut cookies
Here’s how to make delicious and healthy oatmeal nut cookies in your own home. This recipe is simple and is ready in less than one hour. There is no excuse for not making it!
In addition, cooking from scratch is a very healthy way to eat. It is natural, as we eliminate all processed ingredients.
Ingredients for 10 cookies:
- 6.1 oz of oat flakes
- 2.6 oz of flour
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of almonds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of hazelnuts
- 10 raisins
- Half teaspoon of flaxseeds
- Olive oil
1. Start by heating the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees. So that when the cookies are ready to bake, the oven will be hot and you will not have to wait.
2. Clean the nuts to ensure that there is no skin or the remains of shells.
3. Chop the nuts. Try to make them all the same size. Cut them to your liking, although you should keep in mind that they should not be too big in relation to the size of the cookie, otherwise it will be difficult to shape them.
4. In a bowl, add flour, oatmeal flakes, and yeast. When you have mixed the dry ingredients together, add the wet ingredients (the honey and the tablespoon of olive oil). Stir until the cookie dough is well mixed.
5. Add the nuts to the dough. To be mixed properly, roll out the dough and sprinkle all the nuts on the top. Then knead the mixture to form a ball.
6. On the baking sheet, place a piece of baking parchment and then place the cookies, individually onto the baking sheet. The easiest way is to make small balls with your hands and then flatten them. Remember to keep space between each cookie because they will spread out as they rise.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.It might interest you...