Green Shakes Help To Detoxify The Body
There are many different types of green shakes. They all help to detoxify the body, and replace poor nutrition. They're essential in helping the body to establish an optimal state of well-being.
Green shakes are the perfect way to take care of yourself. At the end of this post, we’ll share a delicious green shake recipe for you to try!
If you’d like to discover more about the properties that green shakes contain and why they’re important for the process of detoxifying the body, be sure to read along. After reading this article you’ll undoubtedly want to prepare a delicious shake that’ll help you take care of your body.
The importance of detoxifying
We don’t always take care of our bodies the way we should. We usually splurge during holidays such as Christmas and summer. During the holidays we sometimes drink more alcohol than we should and eat more than we normally do.
All of this splurging takes a toll on the body. The body suffers, it starts to accumulate fat and digestion occurs at a slower pace. That’s why it’s important to detoxify the body, in order to return it to its normal state. Detoxifying is a great way to cleanse yourself from any excess.
When it comes to detoxification, green shakes can be a great ally. Thanks to their many beneficial properties they help to detoxify the body. They also contain many other nutrients that perform other important functions.
Properties of green shakes
The following are the main properties of green shakes. You’ll be surprised at the nutritional benefits that such a simple to make shake can provide for the body.
- Satisfying power: due to its high fiber content, green shakes are very satisfying. They’re perfect for people following a diet and those who want to avoid snacking between meals.
- Nutritious: the ingredients that make up green shakes are healthy and contain many beneficial properties. Just one shake can provide the body with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Diuretic properties: this is perfect for people who suffer from fluid retention or for those who’d like to lose some weight.
- Antioxidant: antioxidants help slow down aging and the action of free radicals.
A healthy and quick recipe for green shakes
Besides being very healthy, green shakes are also easy to make. Another advantage is that there are many different recipes and combinations which makes it practically impossible to become tired of them. The following recipe is prepared with a spinach base. Feel free to try out this healthy and delicious shake at home.
- 3 ounces of fresh spinach
- Half a banana
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 orange
- 5 fluid ounces of water
- To make this delicious green shake, start by washing the spinach and then place in a colander to remove excess water.
- Next, squeeze the orange in order to extract the juice and then pour it into the blender. It’s important to make sure that the oranges are ripe in order to add a touch of sweetness to the shake. As you can see, the recipe does not include any artificial sweeteners or sugar. Bananas and oranges are the only ingredients that’ll provide sweetness for the shake.
- Add the spinach, parsley, celery, banana and water into the blender.
- Blend until the mixture acquires the desires consistency. The amount of time to blend depends on your specific blender.
- Serve as is or keep it cool in the refrigerator for later.
It’s clear, that a lack of time is no excuse not to prepare a green shake. In just five minutes you can prepare a delicious and healthy shake with ingredients that are easy to find.
Green shakes are a powerful and natural way to detoxify the body. They also contain antioxidants and are nutritious and rich in fiber. There’s no excuse not to drink green shakes. As you can see, you can prepare it in just five minutes and enjoy the health benefits you receive from them.