Summer Dessert Ideas
A chocolate mousse can be the perfect summer dessert on a beautiful day. Here, we'll show you more delicious treats for you to make this summer.
At summer gatherings, sweets are always on the table, either with a coffee or as a dessert for lunch. Here, we’ll show you some summer dessert ideas that you can make at home, and ones that aren’t full of saturated fats and sugars.
In this article, we’ve included four summer dessert ideas that you can make year-round, and also contain quality ingredients.
1. Chocolate-covered almond cookies
These cookies are great after dinner or with coffee, especially at summer gatherings. To make these tasty treats, you need:
- 1 cup of ground almonds and hazelnuts
- 1 egg or a ripe banana
- A large tablespoon of coconut oil
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of dark chocolate, (at least 80% cocoa)
- Salt to taste
To make them, preheat the oven to 400ºF. Then, combine the ground nuts with baking soda and a pinch of salt.
Next, add coconut oil to this mixture. Continue mixing until it forms a sandy paste or dough. Then, beat the egg and add it to the mix. Keep stirring until the dough is smooth and moldable.
To shape the cookies, take dough about the size of a ping pong ball and roll it in your hands. Then, lightly press down to form them into cookies.
Finally, place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, watching that they don’t burn.
When the cookies cool, melt the chopped chocolate to make the topping- either in a bain-marie or in the microwave- and pour over the cookies. Decorate them however you’d like!
To make a vegan version of these cookies, substitute the egg for a banana. If you do this, the cookies don’t need to be in the oven as long.
2. Coconut and dark chocolate nougat: summer dessert
Commercial nougat has lots of sugar. The World Health Organization recommends eating less than five grams of sugar daily.
So, one way to make these healthier is to make them at home. For this summer dessert, you’ll need:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded coconut
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Dates (four is enough, but you can add more if you want them to be sweeter)
- Half a bar of dark chocolate, (at least 75% cocoa)
First, place the grated coconut, coconut oil, and dates in a food processor and crush them until it’s homogenous. Then, put the dough in a mold and press it down with your fingers.
Next, put it in the freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a bowl with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Once it’s melted, let it warm a little and spread it over the dough in the freezer.
Finally, keep it in the fridge until the chocolate hardens, and carefully remove it from the mold to eat it.
3. Chocolate mousse: summer dessert
This summer dessert is light and airy, perfect for hot summer days. All you need are two ingredients: two eggs and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa, preferably greater than 75 percent.
To make it, follow these steps:
- Beat the egg whites until snowy and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and temper in a bowl.
- Then, add the yolks to the bowl with chocolate and mix.
- Add the egg whites to the bowl. Fold the egg whites into the mixture to prevent them from falling.
- Finally, decorate and refrigerate for two hours before eating.
4. Chocolate-covered fruits
This recipe has lots of variations because there are lots of different fruits! To make it, you need melted dark chocolate. you can either buy it ready melted or melt it in the microwave or a bain-marie. Also, you need your favorite fruits.
The procedure is very simple: dip the fruits in the melted chocolate and let it cool so the chocolate hardens again.
With these delicious summer dessert ideas, you can surprise your family and friends with healthier recipes. Also, you can customize them however you’d like!