Top 3 Breakfast Recipes with Plenty of Fiber
Start your day with a great breakfast that’s full of fiber to kick-off your metabolism, fill you with energy and nourish your body. Check out our post and try the recipes we have for you below!
Fiber is a plant-based nutrient that helps your body carry out certain processes such as keeping your colon healthy and preventing diabetes. You can find fiber in vegetables, grains, fruits, and legumes.
Breakfast recipes that are full of fiber
Consuming foods or dishes that are rich in fiber can offer plenty of health benefits. These can be reducing the number of toxins your body builds up, reducing constipation, higher energy levels and preventing cardiovascular, respiratory and infectious diseases.
Breakfast is a great chance to add fiber to your diet. So, we want to share the best breakfast recipes with fiber so you can enjoy a delicious, healthy diet.
1. Pumpkin pancakes for breakfast fiber
Pancakes are a popular breakfast option all over the world. This pancake variation uses oats and pumpkins, which make the recipe filling and rich in fiber.
- 11 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of dry yeast
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Cream cheese, honey, and walnuts (optional)
- Blend the oats in a food processor until they become a powder.
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin puree together with the vegetable and coconut oil, egg and honey. You can make the pumpkin puree yourself by boiling the pumpkin until it’s soft, then blending it into a puree.
- Add the baking soda, oats, dry yeast, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and pour on the batter. Use however much batter you want for the desired size.
- Cook for 3 or 4 minutes. After, flip them over to cook the other side.
- Serve. If you want, add cream cheese, honey or walnuts on top.
2. Crunchy granola
At a supermarket, granola comes in all sorts of textures and flavors. But you’ll never find one that’s as good and fiber-rich as this recipe here. Besides, you can make it yourself and enjoy it whenever you want.
- 2 cups of oats
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 grated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a container, combine the grated coconut, almonds, oats and chia seeds.
- Heat up a small fry-pan over low heat and add the honey, coconut oil and cinnamon. Stir until the mixture is even throughout. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour the honey mixture over the granola and mix it all together with a spoon.
- Spread out the granola on a tray between two sheets of parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the paper to toast the other side.
- After, let cool and enjoy. Pair it with milk, yogurt or fruit.
3. Spinach toast
Sweet breakfast options such as cereal, toast, and jam or pancakes are the most common menu for many homes. To go against the current, we have a savory, healthy option with vegetables to start your day with fiber. Avocado and spinach are fiber-rich foods, making this breakfast recipe a great option for your diet:
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- Olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of raw spinach
- 1 avocado
- Black pepper
- Half an onion, diced
- Heat a little olive oil in a fry-pan over medium heat. After, add the onions and cook until golden.
- Lower the heat and add the spinach. Cook for about 4 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the spinach and, in the same pan, make scrambled eggs.
- Dice the avocado, then mash it all together into a paste. Add a little olive oil if you please.
- Toast the slices of bread and plate them. Then, add a little egg, spinach, and avocado mix on to each toast.
As you’ve read with us today, preparing a delicious and healthy breakfast is easy. If you stick to healthy breakfasts, you’ll be sure to reap the benefits that fiber offers. Enjoy these fiber-rich breakfasts!