The Great Benefits of Vitamin C for the Skin
Ascorbic acid, also known as vitamin C, is an essential nutrient that helps our bodies to absorb iron and calcium. It’s a water-soluble vitamin, which allows the body to release it through the urine. Therefore, we need to consume this nutrient constantly. Here are some of the benefits of vitamin C for the skin.
Benefits of vitamin C for the skin
- Vitamin C reduces expression lines and wrinkles and also activates the production of collagen in the body. Collagen, which repairs skin, stimulates the fibers in its synthesis. This gives us more elastic skin, thus, a younger looking skin.
- On sensitive skin, it reduces irritation and aids the absorption of creams.
- Applying vitamin C to the face will help you get a clean, even and gleaming skin. It provides antioxidants, vitamins, and protects against free radicals, which helps us look younger.
- Helps even out the skin surface and reduces dark spots. One of the benefits is its anti-pigment power. Thus, certain products that help treat hyperpigmentation contain this vitamin.
- Aids in the treatment of acne and rosacea. Thanks to its collagen production abilities, it helps improve these skin conditions.
Collagen is a fundamental component to repair and regenerate skin cells. Thus, the lack of collagen in the skin causes it to weaken, which inhibits the ability to recover from certain breaks. Don’t forget to take vitamin C every day to help heal scars and dark spots.
One of the main myths about vitamin C for the skin is that it makes it sensitive to the sun. It’s used in many cosmetic products and it’s standardized, meaning that it won’t react with oxygen nor light. Thus you can use it during those hot and sunny summer days.
In fact, not only is it not dangerous but it’s actually recommended to apply vitamin C to the skin after sunbathing. It will help to repair sun damage and help prevent over pigmentation.
Another of the false myths about vitamin C for the skin is that it dirties the dermis, leading to clogged pores. This is far from true as long as you keep adequate hygiene of the face.
In order to avoid clogged pores, you must wash your face thoroughly every day and night. Additionally, make sure you exfoliate the skin once a week to clean the pores. Also, don’t forget to remove your makeup every day.
And so, in this article, we explored the great benefits that vitamin C has for the skin. Don’t believe those false myths about vitamin C, it’s actually a skin saver.It might interest you...